Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG this process is so nerve wrecking, I go for a psyc eval Friday.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

The Psych eval was the easiest part for me. Just answer the questions honestly and they help you along your path :)

OMG this process is so nerve wrecking' date=' I go for a psych eval Friday.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk[/quote']

Nerves are totally normal. You would be crazy if you did not experience some kind of nerves. It is what you do with those nerves that can be an issue.

Try to learn some deep breathing and visualization techniques to help you when the nerves get to be too intense.

Also try talking to a close friend (here is good but not quite the same thing for you benefit wise).

Try sitting down and writing down and starting a journal of why you want this surgery and all the postitive things you will gain by doing this surgery.

Write positive affirmations you can read to support you through this journey (google these they are helpful for self-esteem issues as well). For example, I am worth having this surgery done, I am a valuable person, beautiful and ready for this healthy change.

Meditate if possible, Pray

Read a good book

Educate yourself more and more on the surgery and the journey to reassure you of what is going to happen, AVOID the negative posts since you already made the decision and do not need that negativity.

Avoid negative people, surround yourself with loving caring supportive people.

Treat yourself to a brand new outfit that you will wear in a few months and hang it in a prominant place in your closet. Like something like 3 or 4 sizes down. I was a 26, mine was an 18, which I now can wear.

Write down in the above journal all the goals you have for your future and make a copy and carry it with you to keep you motivated

If you have a partner or spouse or children etc... have them write down the reasons why they are happy you are doing the surgery.

Well got to run, but hope something helps

Plus ask as many questions as you like either in here or in private and we will all help you through this. You will be fine!!

Remember you are a beautiful awesome person that deserves to be healthy and happy and you can do this!

Ellie

Thanks Ellie I needed that, I'm having all types of emotion.

Just make sure you recognize all the good and positive emotions you are having related to the surgery. We tend to focus on the negative because those are scary and we feel out of control. But remember mixed in with the fear, anxiety, helplessness etc is the excitement, joy and life is now full of possibilities type of emotions.

When you have those negative emotions acknowledge them but then maybe examine them for reality? Are you really going to die from surgery? Will you have complications? Are you going to fail? Will my husband and friends still love you or leave you etc? All of these might have some validity (in a very small way) but stop giving them power, focus on the positive.

I found reading through these forums that more people have positive outcomes then negative ones. I know we have all failed numerous times on dieting etc, that is partly why we are here, plus we have been judged by others as well, so our self-esteems might be lower, but that does not mean you will fail now or that others will leave you etc. If asked most people I have talked to would do this surgery again, even with al the pain in the neck scary pre-op stuff and the major changes we have to make in our lives. I for one would never go back, I miss my favorite food and recently its been driving me crazy, but my focus is on the future and how much better off I am today. 67 pounds are gone and I am active and healty and my husband and children are thrilled with the changes. Remember this will be you in a few short months when you will be there to motivate and help others through this journey. What a blessing you will be since you will have so much to share to help them through it.

Thank you so much, I haven't told my husband yet he is one of those that would try and talk me out of it. I'm doing this for me, I want to be healthy, I stop smoking 15 months ago and I feel good. Now, it's time to get the weight off. I'm going to tell my husband two day before. He alway say I love u the way u are, which may be go but I feel motive behind it.

Hello wanna talk to me? I'm around for a bit.

Hello are you there feel like talking

Hello, how are you feeling this morning

how are you doing today?

I'm doing a little better seems like when it rain it pours. How are u doing today

I'm doing ok, just can't wait to have this surgery or at least have my date so I can start counting down. You hang in there... Whatever your going through will get better! Just think about how you will feel & look in a year from now! There's light at the end of the tunnel!