Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Family Support

It has been less than a week since I found out about the lap band. I have told my husband about it bits and pieces but I have mentioned that I really want this twice. Last night was the second time and he looked at me like saying I want a million dollars but that ain't happening either.

I am very sad because he has seen me struggle with this and he has even done diets with me(not that he needs it) to quit very quickly, he knows how much I cry and suffer when it comes to clothes and how scared I am for my life.

I understand his money worry but I have not even found out if my insurance covers it. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield POS which is a pain in the behind. So I will get a loan if I have to and isn't this tax deductible?

I am annoyed by his lack of support.

Mysticstar

www.rebornstolove.com

I'm also pre-band.

First thing you need to do is call your insurance company and get that part of it straightened out.

I decided about 6 months ago that I've had it with my weight and poor health and started looking for a solution. About a month ago I decided the band is the right choice.

My SO has been very supportive of my choice BUT he doesn't understand it. He has NEVER had a weight problem - he's upset he doesn't have 6 pack abs any more :) He has said a few times "let's work more on your diet and exercise - I'll help you" and I appreciate that but ... someone who has never struggled with weight - especially a man - just can't understand it isn't that easy for us.

I brought up the band a few times casually but didn't really fully explain everything and tell him I AM GETTING THE BAND until I fully researched it myself.

He's coming with me to the seminar my doctor's office holds once a month, so he can learn with me, all the details and get our/his questions answered. We've watched the surgery on or-live.com and talked about in depth the huge commitment and life-style change this is going to take. I've printed out a bunch of info on the doctor I've chosen and we both feel confident that I've picked the best doctor in my area.

I hope things work out for you but don't get upset with hubby yet - present him with a well researched "presentation" and I'm sure it will help him process it a little better.

Good luck.

It is true that people that have not struggle with weight don't understand, I have that with my mother who says all I have to do is close my mouth and I will loose weight.

Bringing hubby with me to the seminar is a great idea I did not think of that because I thought he would be bored and restless.

I did hear of someone here in Georgia with the same insurance that I have got approved fast. I am making the call tomorrow. I just found out about the band Thursday morning and have been looking on line for all sorts of info and this group is a wonderful aid.