Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Neck soreness long term relief

Does anyone know of a technique to relieve long term stiffness in the neck? Is it it just a matter of fixing my standing posture and chair ergonomics? Do I need to work more on strengthening my upper back muscles and mindfully relaxing the back tightness (getting better at this)? I also lift, but that is fairly new and neck muscle soreness has existed forever. I would like to fix it permanently and not just temporarily with neck exercises, hot/cold, massages, pain medicine, etc. thanks!

I can't believe I am admitting to this publicly but I did in fact, get great relief from seeing a chiropractor who used to be a former athlete for this. Apparently a belief in chiropractic techniques was not necessary to feel the relief. Who knew?

I went in unable to even so much as move my neck or walk, and walked out with no pain. Made me wonder if some of those miracles in holy books that occurred after a laying if hands weren't in fact, medieval forms of chiropractor-y techniques.

You want someone who believes that adjustments can offer acute relief and not require 6 month commitments of weekly adjustments etc. My guy used to play football with the FL Gators, and know exactly what to do to provide quick relief. His eyes lit up when I told him I got the stick neck from weight lifting :) May be worth a try.

My neck has been chronically sore on the right side and the shoulder trapesious (sp?) muscle also for many ye

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6

WTF! I wasn't done yet! As I was saying, I have a chronic issue with my neck. Chiropractic care has helped and also using a contour pillow for sleeping. Make sure your head is properly supported when sleeping on your side. Since I've lost weight my poster has improved which has helped as well. My shoulders aren't being pulled forward so much by the weight of my boobs! Yoga can also help. Lastly, if you clench or grind your teeth when you sleep that can cause neck muscles to be tight. I tried acupuncture but it wasn't helpful for me.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6

I have neck soreness all the time, I have a prosthetic disk in my neck. One thing that works for me Is Sombra all natural cream. It is available on Amazon.com. Get off the pain pills they are not helping at all. Use the Sombra and Advil or Aleve for the inflammation. Hope you find this helpful. If you still having issues see if your dr can prescribe you Flexeril.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches