Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast Reduction Surgery Update 2 Weeks Post Op (w/Link to Before & After Pics)

Hi all,

I created an album of before & after pics of my breast reduction surgery. In order for it to not be open to the entire VSGTalk universe (I'm a bit modest) It's only visible to "friends," so if you would like to see it just request to be my friend and I will accept and then you should be able to view the pics.

Fluid every day and the left breast wasn't; also, the nipple/aureola on my right breast are dark purple and scabby-looking, while the nipple and aureola on my left breast are normal looking (light pink) with only scabbing on the edges where the incisions were done. The plastic surgeon is monitoring this on a regular basis and I'm seeing him again on Monday. From what I understand, a giant scab has formed over the nipple/aureola and nature has to take its course with the scab (i.e., it needs to fall off naturally) and then hopefully at that point it will look like the other nipple/aureola. I also have very limited sensation in that nipple (again, I think due to the scabbing) and I also have had more discomfort in that breast overall. So, for whatever reason, the right breast did not accept the surgery as well as the left. I'm still taking the optimistic view that this will all resolve in the next several weeks. Fortunately, none of my incisions has opened, and I've not had any infections. So, I am hoping the scabbing is the worst of my issues.

So far, even with the issue with the scabbing, I have to say I am really thrilled with the results and am very happy I had the surgery.

I am able to drive my car for short distances now (though mostly my husband drives and I only drive when absolutely necessary) and my range of motion is better, but still limited (I am still babying my incisions). I am still sleeping on the recliner each night, which is actually pretty comfortable. I bought a foam wedge to use to prop myself up in bed, but I find I can only lay in bed for about 30 minutes before my incisions really start hurting, so it's clearly still too soon for me to sleep in bed. I worked about 6 hours a day last week and this week I'll see if I'm able to do a full 8 hour day (if not, my boss is fortunately very understanding and has let me be flexible about when I start/end work).

My energy level is increasing every day, though pretty much every day I am still taking a 1-2 hour nap. I get out for a short (less than 1 mile) walk each day but find that I still have to take it easy and not overdo it. Drats, being middle aged is not fun!

Nice extra bonus from surgery: I lost more weight this week -- over a pound. Yay! I think it's a combo of a lower appetite and my body is no doubt burning up a lot of energy trying to heal. I'm now back down to my lowest post-op weight. I'm going to do my best to keep the weight loss going, and see if I can get into the 130s (3.5 lbs. away -- I think I can do it!). Once I get the green light to start exercising again, I'm going to really focus on strengthening my core and arms, so I am strong for the Tummy Tuck surgery which I plan to have in about 5 months.

Congrats on the surgery. Glad you are improving. Praying for you to have a speedy recovery. Thanks for the update.

Hi Ballermom, thanks for your encouragement! My plastic surgeon is Dr. Phillip Kierney, based in Puyallup, WA. Here is his website:

http://www.washingtoncosmeticsurgeon.com/

My breast reduction surgery cost $6,200, in case you're interested in what I paid.