Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

working out after surgery

My question to u guys is do i need to do more than elliptical treadmill stair step machines and weight lifting after surgery to have a slim waist well just slim down period???? I really he workout dvds and not a fan of classes like zumba at least not now anyway bc i feel like i look like a big fool jumping around i feel like humpty dumpty lol any advice???? I been working out but i really wanna lose my mid section and these big arms......but who really likes sit ups :/? Lol

My question to u guys is do i need to do more than elliptical treadmill stair step machines and weight lifting after surgery to have a slim waist well just slim down period???? I really he workout dvds and not a fan of classes like zumba at least not now anyway bc i feel like i look like a big fool jumping around i feel like humpty dumpty lol any advice???? I been working out but i really wanna lose my mid section and these big arms......but who really likes sit ups :/? Lol

Exercise as we all know helps in all areas of the body... I think to really notice changes around your mid section try eating really clean foods lots of fruits and veggies nothing processed, then if you can wear some sort of shapeware so that the body starts shaping ideally it'll help a lot... I do all 3 and 3x a week I get massages around my mid section and back (fat burning) hurts like hell i then sleep with a girdle overnight...my waist is definitely smaller and flatter....

I'm with you - I'm not the type to think of exercise as anything but work. But, like any job, if we want to get paid, we have to put in the time.

I bit the bullet and got back into the gym now, pre surgery, because I want to be as fit as I can going into the surgery. Is it fun? Heck, no! But toned muscles mean higher testing metabolic rate, which will improve my initial weight loss, plus I'll have the habit built already so it will be easier to get back in the gym as soon as allowed after surgery, I hope!

I know that there are some people who say they lost all their weight post surgery without exercising, but I want to not only slim down but have a nice trim, toned look. Heck, I crave decent abs. That, I'm afraid, means a regular date with strength training with weights, as well as regular cardio.

Oh, and it's not uncomfortable at my gym. There are plenty of people there who are not gym rats and who are, like me, trying to get the weight off. No staring or feeling like I don't belong.

I haven't tried a class yet, as I'd like to build up a little endurance first, but they take all levels of expertise and it all seems very friendly.

Come on in, the water's fine!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

Exercise as we all know helps in all areas of the body... I think to really notice changes around your mid section try eating really clean foods lots of fruits and veggies nothing processed' date=' then if you can wear some sort of shapeware so that the body starts shaping ideally it'll help a lot... I do all 3 and 3x a week I get massages around my mid section and back (fat burning) hurts like hell i then sleep with a girdle overnight...my waist is definitely smaller and flatter....[/quote']

Well i will definitely be investing into to shape wear i seen some thing like that at Walmart and sed i would get it probably after surg but Im thinking Im gonna start now thanks for the info

I'm with you - I'm not the type to think of exercise as anything but work. But' date=' like any job, if we want to get paid, we have to put in the time.

I bit the bullet and got back into the gym now, pre surgery, because I want to be as fit as I can going into the surgery. Is it fun? Heck, no! But toned muscles mean higher testing metabolic rate, which will improve my initial weight loss, plus I'll have the habit built already so it will be easier to get back in the gym as soon as allowed after surgery, I hope!

I know that there are some people who say they lost all their weight post surgery without exercising, but I want to not only slim down but have a nice trim, toned look. Heck, I crave decent abs. That, I'm afraid, means a regular date with strength training with weights, as well as regular cardio.

Oh, and it's not uncomfortable at my gym. There are plenty of people there who are not gym rats and who are, like me, trying to get the weight off. No staring or feeling like I don't belong.

I haven't tried a class yet, as I'd like to build up a little endurance first, but they take all levels of expertise and it all seems very friendly.

Come on in, the water's fine!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST[/quote']

Yea i think Ima have too do it bc i wanna be toned and kinda cut shucks lol im thinkn of getting a pt after surg