Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I won't get my surgeon's "ok" to try and get pregnant for another year and a half but things are hard to find around here, I'm curious, and plan on having at least 3 months worth of prenatal Vitamins and folic acid in my system.

What Vitamins did you take during pregnancy? Were you allowed vitamins/folic acid supplements that weren't chewable? I can't imagine having morning sickness and having to choke down some disgusting chewables :/

Like I said, I have PLENTY of time to learn and prepare. My fiancé and I were talking about children tonight and I just added an adorable sock monkey to my baby hopechest. Just curious what knowledge you sleeved mommies have to share :)

Thanks, ladies!

I take a horse tablet multi-vit with Iron and folic acid. I usually take all of my medicines at bedtime to avoid upset stomach. (my stomach can't hurt if I'm asleep!)

Even before we started our fertility regimen I was on a chewable prenatal Vitamin (BellyBar) that has Iron. I've got issues with Iron already so while pregnant I was also on an iron supplement. I took folic acid for a few months, too. And I was already on B12 shots because the sublingual pills weren't cutting it.

I didn't have to take a single large pill my entire pregnancy.

Definitely get a panel done before you start actively trying. I felt miserable about one year post op and chalked it up to our crazy lifestyle but I was very low in iron and B12. Six months on those supplements and I was a whole new woman, and I think my pregnancy was much better because I was in a better place nutritionally.

If there's just one thing you take prior to conception that makes a difference it's folic acid, so definitely be sure to get that one in if nothing else.

Best of luck!

~Cheri

Thanks! I was hoping you'd comment, Cheri. You're my go to with sleeve pregnancy ;)

I'm hyper aware of prenatal care. I'm a researcher by nature, and my mother and I both work in with special needs kids so at some point or another I've read everything I possibly can to prevent autism, etc. and what I can do to promote a healthy pregnancy. I have tons of time before we even start but I plan on stopping all meds I can and starting a good prenatal regimen before we even try. I'm glad to know there's a chewable prenatal! I worry about the absorption of a tablet to swallow. I didn't think to have a panel done. I'll probably make it a point to do that after I've been on my prenatal regimen for a couple months just to make sure my system is ready!

And thanks to the previous comment to remind me to take my Vitamins at night! Usually prenatals are the only Vitamin that don't hurt my stomach but knowing my luck that'll change when I'm actually pregnant. Does the pm Vitamin have an effect on your morning sickness?

When I was pregnant I did take my pre-natal Vitamins at night and I didn't feel any worsening of morning sickness. The only thing that has ever made me feel any differently is the Metformin I take for PCOS, I take that at night and it rumbles my belly in the morning but it has always been a major gi upsetter anyway. Trying to conceive this time around for me is even more interesting than the first time. I knew what I was up against 4-6 years ago and 110lbs ago ( I have PCOS and a pituitary tumor), this time I'm not sure how my body is going to act. Fingers crossed and babydust to you when you do start to try!!