Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What?!!!!!!!!!

I looked up the seat dimensions on the flight I am taking in December. They are 17.5" wide!:faint: Who fits into that!???????? I am really nervous about being stopped and asked to buy an additional seat:paranoid . I hope and pray that doesn't happen to me.... I would die:cry . I have been checking the seat chart online and so far there is no one between me and the person in the window seat:clap2: . Please send up a prayer for me.

Thank you all :)

Turner24

banded 10/30/06

1st fill scheduled 12/4/06

starting wt 389

current wt 377

Turner24.. keep in mind that the dimensions are for economical reasons and rarely for comfort.

But, I suggest you contact the airline and discuss your situation prior to them asking for an additional ticket in front of others. Then you have a seat next to you and no one knows you had to purchase it. If you cant purchase an additional ticket then maybe if they are aware of you situation they can leave that seat to fill last. Theyre many options depending on your airline .. maybe even a cheaper route would be to upgrade to first class. Please do look into it so you can enjoy your holiday without the stress

TUrner,

How is your weight distribution?? I am bottom heavy and wear a size 16 pants so even after losing 150 lbs, I have troubles. Yet, I see folks that are top heavy that have 0 problems. Based on your weight only, its hard to make a determination if you would have a problem or not.

Babs in TX

334/190's

Well, I am going on buisness so the company is paying for the flight, I can't afford to buy another ticket, and I'm sure I don't want to say anything to them and suggest the idea!! I am flying US airways. I am also more "bottom Heavy". I wear a size 30- no where near a 16!! I am tall, so I hide it a little better than most, but I am sooo worried!!!!!!!!!:phanvan

I've got big ole baby bearing hips. At my heaviest, 262, I had real problems the last time I flew fitting into economy class. But as babs said, it depends on how you're weight is distributed.

I'd go ahead and call the airline and just "see" what they say, to save embarassment or hassles later...

How tall are you? Even at my heaviest - like in the 360's - I could wedge my butt into the seat and nobody ever tried to get me to buy another one.

I am 5.5

If you are a little taller - you should be ok. It won't be comfy - but you can probably survive it.

Good luck!

From a story on MSNBC....

Southwest is not the only major airline with a large-seating policy. US Airways, Northwest Airlines and America West Airlines all can require an overweight passenger to pay for two seats but said they do everything they can to find a pair of empty adjoining seats on the plane at no additional charge. But other carriers, including United Airlines and Delta Air Lines, have no large-seating requirements. Hooters Air, an airline featuring slim, scantily-clad "Hooters girls" as flight entertainment, has no such policy, either.

I just got back from flying US Airlines and at size 14 (yes I'll admit a tight 14) but I was miserable the entire flight because I tried keeping myself from crowding my neighors. I had a middle seat so perhaps that made a difference. Aside from that flight I had an additional 90 minute flight on US Ailines "express" (aka TED) and that was horrid but luckily I was sitting with my daughter and we could giggle about it for the fact we were on our way to being banded ;)

Yea well I was on a Qantas flight and sitting in an exit seat...more leg room...but got asked to move because I was not classified as being ‘fit and able to assist in the event of an emergency’ needless to say I was humiliated.

I have flown 4 times this year, North West, United, US Air, and Jet Blue and I haven't had any problems. First class seats are bigger but I flew coach.

I don't mean to be discouraging, but since you asked.....you're going to be miserable. I was much smaller than you when I quit flying because of the expense and humiliation.

Can you afford the difference between the coach ticket and the cost of a first class ticket? That beats buying two coach tickets and still being miserble...and maybe you can swing it without making an issue of it with your company. Call customer service and talk with them.