Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Healthy Thanksgiving Alternatives

Apple Cider Beats Eggnog

Six Fluid ounces of eggnog without alcohol has 258 calories and 14 grams of fat (more than a Snickers bar), while the same amount of apple cider has only 90 calories and no fat. It's a no-brainer! If you can't forgo the eggnog, consider a reduced-fat version.

Veggies and Hummus Top chips and Dip

Veggies and hummus are lower in fat and calories than your typical chip-and-dip (or cheese-and-cracker). Plus, they're full of Fiber, which helps stave off hunger and keeps you satisfied.

Shrimp Cocktail Is a Winner

Whenever you have to choose between deep-fried anything and simple, cold fish, the latter is almost always healthier. Three ounces of shrimp have just 90 calories, but if they're fried, the same amount packs more than 200 calories.

Turkey Breast Is Your Best Bet

In addition to being an excellent source of Protein, turkey offers the least amount of fat per serving, among all other meats, if you pass on the skin. Four ounces of turkey breast sans skin is just 152 calories and almost no fat compared to 236 calories and 12 grams of fat in a skin-on drumstick.

Cranberries Make a Good Sauce

Spoon cranberry sauce over turkey and stuffing instead of meat-based gravy. Cranberries are packed with Vitamin C and also provide a fair amount of dietary fiber, so you can protect yourself from an impending cold and fill up at the same time.

Baked Sweet Potatoes Are a Smart Side

Baked sweet potatoes are lower in calories and fat than buttery mashed potatoes or candied yams. Plus, they're rich sources of antioxidants, such as Vitamin C and beta-carotene. And if you eat the skin, you'll reap some fiber benefits, too. Just slice them in half, brush lightly with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and bake.

Green Beans Minus the Casserole

Enjoy green beans steamed with garlic, or for a lower-fat version of the traditional casserole (you know, the one full of butter, cream, cheese and fried onion strings), use fat-free cream of mushroom Soup and go light on the butter. All the yum and none of the guilt.

Champagne Is Choice

At just 100 calories, a glass of Champagne will do much less damage than a hot toddy, which weighs in at 200 calories -- and that's before the whipped cream. Just keep in mind that after one or two glasses of Champagne, you may be more likely to say yes to that pecan pie.

Pass Up the Pecan Pie for Pumpkin

A slice of pecan pie has about 400 calories and pumpkin pie has about half that. You can cut the calories in your pumpkin pie even more by using an egg substitute, low-fat evaporated milk and a sugar alternative like Splenda.

I would leave out the champagne. It is carbonated. Not good for the band. Plus it wouldn't feel good in your belly.

Just my opinion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches