Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Packet Submitted...waiting on approval

I talked to my coordinator this morning and she said that she submitted my packet to the insurance company on Friday afternoon, so we are just waiting on a response. I have Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield. I don't see many other people that have this insurance and she said that they have never worked with them either but she figures that they shouldn't be much different that any other BCBS. I am patient for now. We'll see how I feel if I haven't heard anything back by the end of week. Hope everyone has a great week!

Congrats on being submitted!! I just got approved on the 5th and waiting on a date. Good luck to you :)

I have a date of March 11th so I hope that my approval comes through in time. Good luck to you!

I talked to my coordinator this morning and she said that she submitted my packet to the insurance company on Friday afternoon' date=' so we are just waiting on a response. I have Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield. I don't see many other people that have this insurance and she said that they have never worked with them either but she figures that they shouldn't be much different that any other BCBS. I am patient for now. We'll see how I feel if I haven't heard anything back by the end of week. Hope everyone has a great week![/quote']

I have highmark as well and will be submitted next week after my final pcp appointment Please make an update n your process. Good luck!

I am still in limbo, I'm trying to be as patient as I can. I did call the insurance company this morning just to make sure they got my information and she said she didn't see anything in the system. I'm like WTH! She said she would have someone call me back but it could take a week to upload my information.

When you call next time ask for the Precertification Department. They will tell you when the claim was initiated and the status. I was calling the regular line and they were saying the same thing, nothing was sent. They must use a different system than the regular customer service reps have. I have Anthem BCBS, hope this helps.

Well my gut told me to call the insurance company and I'm glad I did. Thanks to the info from Just1Girl, I talked to someone from the Pre-certification department and none of my information had ever been received. My coordinator just faxed it over to the number on the back of the card and she actually needed to speak to someone and from there they would tell her where to send my information and get me over to the medical review department. So the wait begins again. Slightly frustrated but I'm patient so, here we go again.

Glad to have helped, I went through the same exact thing. Waiting and waiting. It's kinda sad when the patient has to school these insurance coordinators. This seems to be a common mistake these coordinators make. Well you are on your way!!!! BCBS seems to be pretty quick once the paperwork is in order. Pretty soon you will be shouting "I'm Approved!! :D

Any news? My last pcp visit is tomorrow and I am feeling anxious

Nothing yet, WorkItOutWoman, I will call my insurance tomorrow to make sure they got my information this time. Fingers crossed

My coordinator just submitted my paperwork to BlueCross BlueShield on Friday 2/15 and I am anxious. Tomorrow I go in for my EKG, blood tests and the drink test. I cannot wait to just hear you have been approved. I want this life long battle to be over. I am so glad to have found people that relate to what I have been going through.

I have highmark bcbs and mine was approved in two days so hopefully you get good news, they got on 2-11 and approved on 2-13 so hoping to get surgery date tomorrow

Thanks that is good to hear brandy88, I'm calling tomorrow to see what they say!

So I'm extra agitated this morning because Highmark says they still haven't received any information from the hospital for my pre-certification. At this point it's more a hospital issue than a insurance issue. I'm about to go postal on them...J/K. Insurance coordinator isn't there today so I'm about to call her supervisor. I have been waiting 5 years and I finally decided to go forward with the surgery and now they dragging their feet. My blood pressure is up and I need to calm myself down.