Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question For Those At Goal

I'm 2 months post op and have lost 42 lbs so far. I'm happy about that, but I look at before and after pics and think to myself, "that will never be me."

My question is did you feel like this when you were first starting out and how did you get through it?

Also, any advice for us newbies?

Thanks!!

Skittle

Yep, never thought I would be considered "small" but I loved anything that I lost. I remember saying if I never go past size 14 I'll be happy, and I would have been happIER but now that I'm at 4/6 it's even better :)

I'm 9 weeks post-op & have lost almost 40lbs. I'm @ about 190 lbs. I don't have as much weight to loose as some; 160's kinda my goal. I go from being terrified I'll look emaciated when all is said & done, to still being considered 'the chubby girl' after all this. It's a crazy yo-yo! I try to just have faith that if I follow my program, my body (which I've never had faith in before, but it deserves a chance) that it will all balance out.

I do know, for me, my less rapid weight loss has not caused my skin to look deflated, or my muscle mass to burn up, or my Hair loss to start yet. Besides I tend to store fat & emotional eat when I freak out, so I just can't afford to do that, or be overly comparative w/other folks.

It's nice to hear someone's @ about the same time/weight loss ratio as me. I hear such great fluctuations on this site.

I totally felt like that, and although I've been at goal almost a year, I still do sometimes!

I had over half my life being obese, and thinking about always being the fattest person in any given situation, and leaving my stomach in the surgeon's dustbin sadly didn't fix my mind (you'll hear hat. Lot, but it is very true!).

You will get to a point though when the thinner you starts to become more of a habit, and it is great - for instance, it took me months to remember my new size is at the FRONT of the rack, and not tucked away at the back, and there are still times when I see me in a photo, or catch my reflection and do a double take, although conversely there are still a lot of days when I look in the mirror and think bleurgh!

Time will prove to you that this works, so try to relax and enjoy the ride x

I had lost nearly 50# before anybody but a close friend said a word of compliment. I just kept chugging and didn't think about it too much because honestly it seemed like I was just as fat as ever even though the scale and measuring tape told me I was losing.

I too felt like I would never look normal. I will share in another post, but the best compliment ever was when my brother said to me "you just look normal, like you were never overweight". of course, I am still overweight by the charts - but i know what he meant. Deep inside, i guess I always fear that I will always be the 300# woman, but I don't look that way anymore and you won't either!