Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS in MA approved me in 2 days.

I had surgery on June 4th, 2004. My insurance company is BCBS MA HMO Blue of New England. My paperwork had been turned in on April 28th and I got a call at 8:23 am on April 30th that I was approved and had a surgery date. They are really great to work with. I called several times on the 28th and 29th to see where it was in the process. Their people were wonderful. They checked several things making sure to help me out.

They started approving lapband on January 1st 2004.

I hope that whoever has this insurance has as easy a time as I did.

Kerri

That is truly wonderful! But I am about at my wit's end! I've waited eight months, not just on insurance, who has now pre-approved me, but on the original physician I was referred to to do the procedure, as he didnt take insurance, and now that I've finally got one who does, and am scheduled for July 16th, I get a call from the hospital this morning that BCBS of TX is only willing to pay$1200.00 of a $10,000.00 hospital bill! I'm so frustrated now, I'm livid! Well, I've never been one to be loud and obnoxious, I find that distasteful, but I didn't ASK to have this done, my primary doc TOLD me to, or I wouldn't be around to see my grandkids! So the insurance company has no idea just how loud this little 5'2" single-mom-of three-teen-daughters fat woman can get! I have worked and paid into insurance for 30 years this year, I have voted every time those polls were open, I have always supported myself and my children, and Im fighting mad now! I have no idea what recourse I have, but I will pursue this till I get something done! Any ideas out there? Please?

Alrighty then! Now that's what I call fast! I just called the hospital, and told them basically what I just spouted off in my previous thread, and the head honcho assured me it was a contractual problem between the hospital and the insurance, and that my op will be done and taken care of! See? I guess squeaky wheel DOES get the grease!I still find it distasteful, though! Anyway, yipeeee! Come on, Juy 16th!

Good for you deco; We can't let them bully us around anymore. Some people would just roll over and admit defeat. NOT ME.. I will always and forever fight with the powers that be.

WHOO HOO!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Kaci, congratulations!! It's wonderful when an insurance carrier actually behaves as though it's on our side, instead of just saying that they are.

And Deco good for you!! I had a similar problem with my insurance carrier but it was straightened out in the end. It all comes down to money, every time.