Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Arm Flab

Has anyone been successfull in finding some weight toning excersise for those dreaded arm wings? If so please share. Also thigh flab!!!

Thanks,

I started to get bat wings they would slap as I' walked drove ,me flippen nuts. pick up some weights that are rubber coated...Dumb bells ( easy on your hands)

2lb 5lb 8lb there is a set on Dunhams sporting goods for under $25.00 or Walmart sell them also.

Pick the one that is not to heavy for you and do three sets 50 or 100 you will no when your arms start to get tired' doe that three times aweek and soon you arms will tighten up. it's called one handed curls for your forarms. Hammer curls for your tyceips. stop and check out a weight lifting book at the libary to get you on the right foot. it does work and will help you lose weight to.Good luck John:clap2:

Here's a great book, made for us girls, Smart Girls Do Dumbells.

It has great info, good explanations of the right way to do basic weight training exercises with dumbells, and the equipment needed is inexpensive, small and easy to store.

If you need more info on the book, PM me and I'll check out the author's name when I am at home!

thanks for the info guys, I have been doing dmbbells, it just doesn't seem to be working to well, I did drop tremendously fast almost 60lbs, so it might be too late, but i'll keep trying.

I have always had the dreaded bat wings and I think that was the last thing to go on my body as I have lost weight. I still have them but they are much much better at this point. I didn't notice a difference at all with just regular cardio and diet until i started doing triceps and arm curls on the machines at the Y. My arms are much firmer now so I think it is working...:)

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/167/160

5'7''

When my Surgeon gives the ok part of my surgery is to be able to use the hospital gym with the assistance of a PT for 3 months free!! I can't wait. I need to learn how to appropriately use weights too! Bat wings, thighs, gut the list goes on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches