Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Panda Express - Who Knew?

I've been staying away from fast food places and haven't had any for 7 months. My daughter just HAD to have some so we stopped. Then I noticed: Lightly steamed vegetables with some crunch left in them, beef, chicken, shrimp ...

Check this out. i got a two item combo and I am having half today and the rest tomorrow.

Shanghai Angus Steak (this one is VERY good) 5.4 oz

Calories: 220

Cal. from fat: 60

Total fat: 7

Sat. fat: 2

Chol.: 50

Sodium.: 910

Carbs: 9

Fiber: 1

Sugars: 13

Protein: 21

String Bean Chicken Breast (also one of my favs) 5.6 oz 160 50 6 1 0 35 770 12 2 6 15

Mixed Veggies (Side) 8.6 oz 70 5 0.5 0 0 0 530 13 5 4 4

The sugars and sodium can be a bit high, but for an occasional treat? Why not. Just meat and veggies.

Going to Panda Express was one of my favorite place to eat pre-op when I was restricted to 1200 calories. The Kobari beef was 210 calories and steamed veggies 70. I could have the Panda Bowl with the veggies on the bottom and the Kobari beef on top....so good.

Post op - I did go at about 8 weeks out and I was only able to eat about 1/2 of a Mandarin chicken side order, but no veggies. I will probably try again to see if I can try one of the Entrees you mentioned and bring the leftovers home for another meal.

I can eat one entree if I eat slow over the course of a couple hours. I eat about 750 calories a day so it seems to fit in.

You know what I used to eat? Here was my usual 3 item combo:

The whole side of chow mein noodles (490 cal.)

Beijing Beef (the worst item on the menu) (690 cal.)

Orange chicken (the second worst probably) (420 cal.)

BBQ pork (360 cal.)

Total for that one lunch? 1,960 calories. Scary I tell you! More like disgusting. Who was I?

I can eat one entree if I eat slow over the course of a couple hours. I eat about 750 calories a day so it seems to fit in.

BBQ pork (360 cal.)

Total for that one lunch? 1,960 calories. Scary I tell you! More like disgusting. Who was I?

We have ALL been there!! I was a Sesame chicken girl myself. LOL But that was then and This is Now, I can't even look at a chinese restaraunt anymore.. :P

Oh yeah....I remember those days...a two item with chow mein , perhaps a side of spring rolls... No problem!

Thank heaven's those days are OVER!!!!

BBQ pork (360 cal.)

Ah yes....the "good" old days (not!).

My standard meal was something like this:

1-2 Egg rolls (lots of plum sauce!)

General Tso chicken

1/2 Singapore noodles

1/2 "house" fried rice

Cantonese chow mein

Sauteed mixed vegetables

Easily 2000 calories, and I would ALWAYS feel sick afterwards from overeating. Never seemed to stop me from doing it again the next time though.....

Can't even believe that would all fit in my pre-op stomach! Mega carbs, mega volume.....it's amazing the vegetables even made it in there somehow (LOL).

I think it would take me a week to eat all that food now. And I'm not even tempted!

Don't forget those cheese fried won tons! Holy crap yummmmmmm