Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So after 11 long days, I've finally broken my first post-op stall!

I've been stuck at 283.3 lbs for 11 days. This was after 11 lbs lost pre-op (2 week liquid diet) and 24.5 lbs lost post-op (in about 4.5 weeks). I guess I was a bit later than the oft-mentioned "3rd week stall"!

Today I am 282.2 lbs! Okay, not a huge drop, but after 11 days of the same (+/- 0.2 lbs), it's very encouraging!

Now I know I have nothing to really complain about. Others on the board have suffered stalls of 6 weeks or more early on. Mine was only a week and a half.

And I'm averaging 4.4 lbs/week loss (including pre-op diet), which is FANTASTIC!

It's just really heartening to see the scale move downward again, even if it's only a bit. I did something drastic yesterday to try to change things up. I went on a 100% carb-free day. It's alot harder than I thought! I ate only things I thought were really carb-free (eggs, chicken, cheese, shrimp) and yet I still managed to ingest 3g of carbs (according to MyFitnessPal).

I don't know if that "experiment" had anything to do with my stall being broken, or if it was just the right timing and it would have changed on its own. I also doubled my walking yesterday too, from about 2 miles to nearly 4 miles. Either way, I'll take it!

Back on my happy track and looking forward to a continued downward trend! :D

Even in Atkins induction you are allowed 20 carbs per day for naturually occuring good carbs in veggies and dairly products. I am also low carbing and it got me out of a tough stall but I don't feel good unless I am having veggies, lean Protein and some dairy. I am at about 800 calorties and 40 grams carbs per day and the weight is coming off...but the best part is I feel good about what I am eating and I have a lot of energy.

I usually have my Protein Shake for Breakfast these days, a salad for lunch which is great for summer like a caesar salad with chicken (no croutons) nice shaving of parm on top and Ken's lite caesar dressing, and for dinner a stir fry of veggies and a little fish/chicken/beef or pork. Sometimes I make a batch of deviled eggs for Snacks or have a handful of nuts or a cheese stick.

That is great! And 4 miles walking is wonderful! Good for you!

Even in Atkins induction you are allowed 20 carbs per day for naturually occuring good carbs in veggies and dairly products. I am also low carbing and it got me out of a tough stall but I don't feel good unless I am having veggies, lean Protein and some dairy. I am at about 800 calorties and 40 grams carbs per day and the weight is coming off...but the best part is I feel good about what I am eating and I have a lot of energy.

I usually have my Protein Shake for breakfast these days, a salad for lunch which is great for summer like a caesar salad with chicken (no croutons) nice shaving of parm on top and Ken's lite caesar dressing, and for dinner a stir fry of veggies and a little fish/chicken/beef or pork. Sometimes I make a batch of deviled eggs for Snacks or have a handful of nuts or a cheese stick.

Oh yes, I agree. I need some "good" carbs! I was craving some yesterday, believe me! I was just trying something a little radical to change things up. I'll be back on regular carbs (trying to say around 40 or less per day).

I'm approx. 6 weeks post-op so I'm hesitant to be throwing salad into my diet just yet, in case it's too soon to be digesting raw veggies. But I LOVE Caesar salads, and I'll be looking forward to them in a few weeks, for sure! Also, bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh fruit. YUM!

I have done deviled eggs though (made with wasabi mustard!) and they were great, fast and yummy!

I love me some veggies, too!

It's been about 2 weeks since I posted my "stall broken" message. Happy to say that things are moving along nicely!

I'm down about another 10 lbs in that 2 weeks (woohoo!). I'm very reassured to see that even after a stall (that wasn't really very long, just 11 days) the scale can start moving well.

Even better, I'm noticing a difference in my clothes (down to a 26 from my 28/30 pre-op) and already starting to feel the 26's being on the loose side!

Hope for those in a stall (I'm sure I'll be back there again in the future!). There is life after a stall!

Thanks for the support everyone! :)

Wow, Webchickadee you are doing awesome! 10 pounds in two weeks is A-Mazing! Don't you just love it when the scale is moving in the right direction. I freak out so easily and I'm four months out today. I try to be rational, but sometimes my insecurities creep up and rear their ugly head. Keep up the great work and thank you for posting an update. I find that reading posts help motivate and reassure me!

Wow, Webchickadee you are doing awesome! 10 pounds in two weeks is A-Mazing! Don't you just love it when the scale is moving in the right direction. I freak out so easily and I'm four months out today. I try to be rational, but sometimes my insecurities creep up and rear their ugly head. Keep up the great work and thank you for posting an update. I find that reading posts help motivate and reassure me!

You are SO welcome! And look at you......already 73% to your goal in only 4 months! That is WICKED good. B) Do you realize that at this point (your 4 month mark) you are 17 weeks post-op and you've lost an average of 4.29 lbs/week? This is fantastic and is pretty much right on my average of 4.6 lbs/week, over a much longer period of time!

You need to reach around and pat yourself on the back (and then pat yourself on that amazing shrinking butt too!). You have no reasons to doubt your success dear.........you're smack dab in the middle of victory already!

A BMI of 28.69 (after being in the 40s), and only 27 lbs away from goal......you CAN and WILL do this! I just know it!