Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnancy After Sleeve.

Hi!!

Good afternoon!!! We have one baby (8months). I would like to have the sleeve and I have started the process.

We aren't sure if we want another baby. What has being pregnant and labor been like with your sleeve? I would love to hear!!!

I do not feel worried about fetility other than needing to be very cautious. We were naturally pregnant with triplets. I miscarried the set of twins at the very end of my first trimester.

Have you had a baby pre and post sleeve? Notice any differences?

How was loosing weight after baby?

Thanks for sharing any information.

Sannah

Now I have never had a baby, so I can only tell you what I have been told by the doctor and nutritionist. You can have another child if you want, but you should probably wait at least 18 months before trying. If you get pregnant in that time then just tell your doctor and they will watch you alittle closer. From the sounds of it the pregnancy will be smooth. Also after the surgery becareful because getting pregnant is a lot eisier. Just something to keep in mind.

Hi!!

Thanks for replying. I sure do not want a pregnancy now or within 18months after Vsg. It almost seems counter intuitive, loose weight and gain health, then have another.

I would hate to struggle to loose baby weight after working so hard on my body and making changes.

Maybe I need to do some soul searching.

Wonder what others experience has been like with baby weight.

That is a good idea. My husband and I don't have kids but one day we hope we will. So I paid attention on all of those things. You can ask the nutritionist and see what she knows. That is one question they probably will ask is when are you planning your next. Then ask all the questions you can possibly think of.

Hi!!

Thank you kindly for talking this out with me. I will write this in my notes so I remember to talk to the nutritionist. I surely, prefer to make an educated decision.

I am still at the beginning of this process. Sounds like I will learn a bit more as my appointments progress.

I wish you success in your weight loss journey and baby/ies!! The road to and being a mother is truely great!!

:-)