Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

If you’re tired of starting over when it comes to weight loss, stop giving up on yourself. Today is the day that you can change this. If you have been unsuccessful at one diet after another maybe what you are trying to do is just never going to work for you. Believe me I have been there and done this for many years. For so many of us we have an addiction to food. food is what comforts us in the good and bad times in our lives. Does this sound like what you have been doing for countless years?confused.gif

Make today the day that you promise to change your life. If you have had WLS and you still struggle with food choices, that is something that so many of us have to deal with on a daily basis—(remember I said food is our habit or addiction.) angry.gif

When I am faced with this I ask myself do I NEED to eat or do I just CRAVE to eat or graze all day. Grazing is pretty normal for a lot of people—make the food something healthy like veggies if you are going to graze. As time goes on it becomes a little easier too. We are making lifestyle changes; we are not on a diet. clap.gif

If you have NOT had weight loss surgery, then it is time to think about making plans to have weight loss surgery. cool2.gif

Never feel that you have failed if you can lose weight on your own with a diet—you have an addiction. Please do NOT feel ashamed about having weight loss surgery. You are the hero who is going to come along and save you own life. Care enough about YOURSELF to do just this.bighug.gif

If you have questions about weight loss surgery, start asking questions right now. I had Dr. Aceves do my WLS in Mexicali, Mexico. I just love his hospital and staff—yes the do speak exceptional English. This is a first class complete hospital (not a clinic) that Dr. Aceves has and Dr. Aceves is a brilliant surgeon when it comes to weight loss surgery. When it comes to my health I want the very best I could find for myself and this was my choice. heart.gifbiggrin2.gif

Hugs, Suzanne

Sleeved Oct 21, 2001

Lost 105 pounds

Beautiful! Thanks for the note! :-)

Beautiful! Thanks for the note! :-)

Hi, Thanks,

I want everyone to know that they can be successful at weight loss surgery. We are here to be your support. Sometimes you family just are unbale to help the way that people who have already been down this road. I am always out here if you have ANY questions at all. NEVER give up on your dream if being healthy and at your goal weight. I am glad you liked what I had to say.

Hugs, Suzanne

I'm scheduled for sugery on March 2nd. My family is not really supporting my decision with my surgery. I'll need all the support here that I can get. Thanks for your hand. :-)

I'm scheduled for sugery on March 2nd. My family is not really supporting my decision with my surgery. I'll need all the support here that I can get. Thanks for your hand. :-)

Hi

I know the feeling. I had some of the some things happen to me. My husband was 200% there for me. It was my grown children. They still 3 years later will not acknowledge my 105 pound weight loss to me or ever say anything about it. I guess I should be happy that we are all talking and enjoying each other. They were so sure that I would die, fail, and starve because of the miss information that they got from the wrong places. I did prove them wrong all accounts, and so I guess it is hard for them to say gee Mom, I guess you did know what you were talking about. It took me 6 months to make up my mind and educate myself about weight loss surgery and what doctor I was going to go to.

I know JUST how important support can be, I am here for you every step of the way. Where are you having your surgery? You are doing something that is going to add 20 years to your life and your are being your very own HERO! Never look back--only look forward. There isn't anything you can't do because you are strong and a survivor and you want to change your life.

I am very proud of you for making this choice. It takes a LOT more courage to have this surgery than to continue to do what you have been doing right now and that is being fat and unhealthy. Yes, I call it fat, I was fat, and I know there are a lot of nice ways to say it, but fat is fat there is no getting around it. You want something better for yourself and that is great.

This is my private E-maile: Suzannesh@aol.com. If you send me an E-mail, I will send you my phone number and you can call me ANY time of the day or night that you need something.

The closer you get to your surgery date, you will experience ALL kinds of feelings and emotions. That is very normal. I experience happy, sad, couldn't wait to have it done, scared to have it done all at the same times sometimes. I what if'd myself so much that it made my head spin. On the airplace going to Mexico, I was second guessing if I was doing the right thing. So when you have these feeling or emotions you aren't any different than most of the rest of us. You are pretty normal. I am here for you. There isn't anything that we can't talk about.

Hugs,

Suzanne