Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I remember when...

I remember when I last looked great. I was 17 and thought I was fat. When was the last time you looked great? Got a pic? Share it!

I posted once about a picture that my grandson saw of me, it was in a framed collage of many pictures and he pointed to this one, out of all the ones he saw and said, 'Gamaw!' I was stunned. I look enough like I did in the picture for him to recognize me? Wow! Anyway, I know I'll never look this young again, but maybe just getting back to looking like me will help.

post-205630-13813133800607_thumb.png

Gee, Kathy! That's a great picture, but I was hoping to see a picture of you in one of clubs here in Dallas...thought maybe I'd recognize you from back then! LOL!

If I could figure out how to scan and post....

OK, I'll play. This is a picture of me when I worked the Rennaisance Faire circuit back in 1995 or so . . .

12ec8d14.jpg

And a color version (probably a year or so later) . . .

6b0274a6.jpg

I was a kissing wench with a pub show - another lady (? lol ?) and I sang bawdy songs at the top of our voices, and kissed anyone who could afford it - or who didn't move fast enough if their friends paid for it!

On the cheek or neck people! (On this board you have to explain yourself or risk being misunderstood! Ha ha) On one notable occasion I left bright pink lips, closely packed together, all over a gentleman's close cropped head. I think he was a marine or something, and because of the (very) short blonde peachfuzz he walked away looking like some strange breed of leopard! It was great - one of my favorite wenchings!

Gee, Kathy! That's a great picture, but I was hoping to see a picture of you in one of clubs here in Dallas...thought maybe I'd recognize you from back then! LOL!

If I could figure out how to scan and post....

figure out how to scan and post! Cindy, that pic was taken in 87? in one of the parking lots at North Texas in Denton. That's a Coors Light, and I'm on my way to a frat party. Sigma Alpha Mu (or do I even want to admit that? Aren't they banned from campus now? Wouldn't doubt it!) The good ole days....:rofl: with blonde hair and huge 80's sunglasses.

Hot dang Donna! Wooot!!!!!!

Donna, I bet I saw you there, if you were in Texas, ever. You look so great!

Kathy, a frat party! I bet you were the life of the party, though!

Yes, I have the picture staring at me right now. It was taken in October of 2000. I was in Vegas with my boyfriend. It was taken a week before I got pregnant. I was wearing a size 5/6 and gorgeous (sorry don't mean to brag), but when people look at this picture, they can't even believe it was me. I look like I've aged 100 years since then and like a totally different person, so sad.

I can't believe more people didn't chime in on this thread.

I don't have a copy on my computer to share but . . . this morning I went into our master bathroom and saw that my husband had pulled out an old picture of me - framed in a pewter heart shaped frame - and put it on the sink next to his shaver.

I can't decide if that's sweet or scary. LOL!

Isn't it a shame that we didn't appreciate our 'normalcy' when we had it??!! I look at my old pix now and realize I was a cute girl and had a nice little body.

Ya'll are young enough that you can regain that look when the pounds are gone. That's quite a motivation!!

Not a great photo...a scan of a not very good photo....but there you have it. And like others have said here....I felt pretty porky back then. The weight I was then is my goal weight now.

Forty lbs to go.....

But as others have said...I'll never look that young again.

mee.jpg

The problem is...I look at that photo...and I see a sick girl. That girl was in the throes of rampant bulimia. So I guess I'd rather be fat and healthy than sick like that again......

I couldn't find a picture from high school, which was the last time I was thin (though still felt fat) but I found one from 5 years ago, which was the last time I lost a significant amount of weight and was feeling pretty good about myself. I weighed about 200 in this pic. I'm the one in red, with the crown on (long story), on the right....

post-206404-13813133852629_thumb.jpg

I've often kicked myself for being so busy when I was younger and not taking more pictures. I guess we never thought they might be valuable later on. I can't count the times I just hung out at the lake in my bikini or wore daisy dukes everywhere I went. What I wouldn't give for pics of that now. But there are none. We had beer in our hands instead of cameras. lol.

K, there are a couple. Way way back - the one in blue. I was bursting into puberty. Notice - no DD's yet. I actually wore about a size 6x dress at this point. I was 11 years old. I was a itty bitty thing for awhile. Thought I'd done something when I moved into a size 2 shoe.

The other, I was 17 and about 118-124 lbs. I thought I was fat. I guess for my body frame, I was a bit fluffy, but I'd kill to go back there. Sigh..

I remember thinking I was soooo fat in high school; now I look and think, damn I had a voluptuous body ;)

So funny how distorted our perceptions can be at 18, huh?

We had beer in our hands instead of cameras. lol.

LMBO! I'll have to scan in a few more pics...I don't have them in the 'puter, but I did manage to get some goodies. Funny 80's pics. Man, time flies. It's hard to believe my college years were so long ago. How'd I get to be 41? LOL

I'll come back and edit...add a pic or two, can't wait to see yours Leatha!

okay, here's me and my first car, a 1985 Mustang LX...

post-204312-13813133853184_thumb.jpg

And me in 1989? while waitressing in college. This is a slim year for me. I think I weighed about 125, although I did get down to 119 for about a week...LOL Still, wow.

post-204312-13813133853334_thumb.jpg