Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9/29 Dr Rodriguez Juarez

Surgery was Thursda in Juarez with Dr. Rodriguez. There were 3 of us having surgery together, and three support people. (family members)

The trip there went off without a hitch. Everything went as planned. I was very nervous. Got to the hospital, and we took turns taking X Rays and doing ekg's. I was the 2nd one to have the surgery, I was very frightned. The staff and the Dr's took time to make sure I felt at ease. Surgery went off without a hitch as well. Came too, very sore and groggy. As soon as I got to my room I had to go potty, walked myself, with a little help from Hubby, to the bathroom and then back to bed. By the end of the day Thursday, I was chewing ice chips. Friday and Saturday I seemed to be more fatiged and had less stamina than the other two, they were walking more than me, and up playing cards. I dozed on and off for the first two days. Which is weird, because I'm high strung and I do not nap. But I did then. By Saturday evening I started really feeling like myself again, mentally and physically. Played cards in the patio area and just felt 'normal'. So much so I couldn't sleep, sat up watching TV half the night and was up showering at 5:30 am, back to the 'old' me. Sunday, again, felt even better! Cab ride back to border was crazy, jeeesh...but uneventful, thankgoodness. Back to airport, in El Paso, where we sat in a restaurant and our support team pigged out and we all played cards. By the way our support peeps, did alot of eating out, outside of the hospital, there was a Mexican food restaurant, steak house, Dennys, Starbucks, a mall....you name it. They ate and drank well!

Landed home last night at 8:05. Today is beautiful here in Texas...I feel great. I have to say, I'm not hungry. Not yet, and It didn't bother me at all when they ate in my presence. I'm looking forward to new beginings. I pray everyone's journey is as uneventful as mine. I feel really good so far, and am proud of the decision I made. And all three of us had pretty much the same experience, no complications, no regrets. Everyone is feeling great. Thanks Dr. Rod and staff. Ohhhh Ohhh Ohhhh.. Dr. Elmo is a hoot. I owe him one for sure!!! I was soooo scared to have my drain out. The mere thought of it sent the worst feeling down my body. Well when it was time, he came in and got it all ready and then asked me if I wanted to bite my pillow. I was horrified!!!! OMG, Petrified!!! then....he did it.. I swear! I didn't feel one tiny thing. My husband literally doubled over laughing.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to share my experience so far. Thanks for listening... TT.

Surgery was Thursda in Juarez with Dr. Rodriguez. There were 3 of us having surgery together, and three support people. (family members)

The trip there went off without a hitch. Everything went as planned. I was very nervous. Got to the hospital, and we took turns taking X Rays and doing ekg's. I was the 2nd one to have the surgery, I was very frightned. The staff and the Dr's took time to make sure I felt at ease. Surgery went off without a hitch as well. Came too, very sore and groggy. As soon as I got to my room I had to go potty, walked myself, with a little help from Hubby, to the bathroom and then back to bed. By the end of the day Thursday, I was chewing ice chips. Friday and Saturday I seemed to be more fatiged and had less stamina than the other two, they were walking more than me, and up playing cards. I dozed on and off for the first two days. Which is weird, because I'm high strung and I do not nap. But I did then. By Saturday evening I started really feeling like myself again, mentally and physically. Played cards in the patio area and just felt 'normal'. So much so I couldn't sleep, sat up watching TV half the night and was up showering at 5:30 am, back to the 'old' me. Sunday, again, felt even better! Cab ride back to border was crazy, jeeesh...but uneventful, thankgoodness. Back to airport, in El Paso, where we sat in a restaurant and our support team pigged out and we all played cards. By the way our support peeps, did alot of eating out, outside of the hospital, there was a Mexican food restaurant, steak house, Dennys, Starbucks, a mall....you name it. They ate and drank well!

Landed home last night at 8:05. Today is beautiful here in Texas...I feel great. I have to say, I'm not hungry. Not yet, and It didn't bother me at all when they ate in my presence. I'm looking forward to new beginings. I pray everyone's journey is as uneventful as mine. I feel really good so far, and am proud of the decision I made. And all three of us had pretty much the same experience, no complications, no regrets. Everyone is feeling great. Thanks Dr. Rod and staff. Ohhhh Ohhh Ohhhh.. Dr. Elmo is a hoot. I owe him one for sure!!! I was soooo scared to have my drain out. The mere thought of it sent the worst feeling down my body. Well when it was time, he came in and got it all ready and then asked me if I wanted to bite my pillow. I was horrified!!!! OMG, Petrified!!! then....he did it.. I swear! I didn't feel one tiny thing. My husband literally doubled over laughing.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to share my experience so far. Thanks for listening... TT.

Wow!! I am so excited and happy for you!!

I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Rodriguez this Saturday the 8th. I am very excited and nervous at the same time, but I know its the right thing to do. Everyday I feel much more comfortable with my decision to go with Dr. Rodriguez. After hearing stories like yours, where all went well, it just gives me those warm fuzzies needed to relax and know that all will be fine. My son will be going with me. He refuses to let me go on my own. My husband is not to thrilled about me have the procedure period, but I do have to think about my health and my children.

I have a question. When you did your pre-op diet did you do an all liquid diet or something similar to that?

The diet they gave me I was able to eat food, just had to make sure I took in all the protien I could. I've lost like 15 lbs already.

To be honest...I ate lots of fruit, lots of salad, chicken, salmon and even STEAK. I ate no Pasta and NO potatoes and no bread any way shape or form. I may..may have lost 2 lbs. I didn't curb the amount I ate, that is for sure. I drank alot of Atkins chocolate shakes or drinks. I did that for 10 days prior. I also stopped all caffeine intake 2 weeks prior, so I wouldn't be going through the withdrawls while recooping from surgery. Good Luck!