Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

where is everyone?

MAKF
Sign in to follow this  

I had my surgery on 8/8.

went home on 8/9.

I went back to work Friday 8/12/11 for a half day.blink.gif

then back full time on Monday 8/15/11.

pretty tired, but I walk the stairs at work each day to the 5th floor and walk with my husband or kids each night.

when I got my staples out on the 16th. I had lost 14 pounds since 8/4.

I have not weighted myself again, though. I removed all the scales from my house years ago. ;)

I suppose I will go buy one tonight.

I have been tracking all my food and exercising using the my fitness pal app. it yells at me in red telling me I am eating to few calories..... I am averaging 250 a day. protien drinks make me so sick. I try to drink 2 or 3 K2O, Protein waters a day and have managed to choke down greek yogurt each morning. I found little cans of chicken by swanson 3.5 oz . so I have that for lunch along with a sugar free Jello.

For dinners most days I have Soup. 1/4 cup of french onion or Tomato or squash. then I have a 1/4 cup a bit later of one of the NAKED fruit smoothie drinks, then I try to get a snack in before bed. for the last couple of nights I have been eating a tablespoon of cashew butter. (yummy).

Finally went to the pool yesterday. felt so good just to float in the Water. I tried a bit of swimming but was feeling so tired that I only lasted 1 lap of the pool.

Lately I feel SO tired, like I could fall asleep at my desk or in the middle of a movie or even church.

I added B12 and Biotin to my morning suppliments. I hope that helps. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is anyone else feeling so tired?

I also still have sharp pains in my largest incision site. I find myself holding that part of my abdomnin... odd.

Where is everyone else?

Thanks,

Mel

Hi Mel,

I'm 4 weeks out today... and as of this morning, down 30 lbs. I have REALLY had a slow weight loss the last few weeks... but I'm trying to look at the big picture. I think I lost like 23 lbs in the first week and then it started going super slow and very discouraging. The good thing is that I started in a tight 22W pants and I'm now wearing a juniors 19 and they're falling off of me... so that is fun!

As far as food, I'm getting bored. Eating a lot of sliced lunch meat w/ laughing cow spreadable swiss on them and then I roll them up. Sometimes I put a thin slice of avocado in each of them. I haven't really found anything that disagrees with my stomach other than water... which sure makes it hard to get in all of the fluids I should be drinking. I think I've only managed 64 oz one day since surgery. I usually only hit half that or slightly over. :( I'm more used to the Protein Shakes now and don't hate them so much. I've been using Six Star Pro Nutrition whey isolate from Walmart and it's not bad at all. I had ordered 4 containers of unjury when I first started and it was FOUL so I sent it back.

As far as exercise, I have been walking, not as much as I should... but some. I am joining the Y once my 6 weeks are up and I can REALLY exercise. I love step classes so I will do those and some Water aerobics.

I guess that's it for me! :)

Congrats on your surgeries! Hope you two are still doing well. I'm sure it can be discouraging to see weight loss slow down, but I'd be so ecstatic over smaller pants falling off I'd probably forget I didnt lose as much weight as the week before!! :) I can only imagine how good that feels. I'm still pre-op. I am done with my 6 month diet, and I am waiting to get my psych eval done and go to my surgeons seminar. After that, I'm not so sure! lol thanks for sharing.

I am 16 days out after surgery. I lost 20 pounds before and have lost 16 pounds since. Today is the first day I have really struggled with cravings and I am also VERY tired. I am gagging down a Protein Drink each morning which does help and started my chewable vitamins two days ago. I dont know how many calories I am eating but I know it isnt much since I can only eat about 1/4 cup of food and am still doing soft foods like sugar free applesauce, low fat yogurt, Soup, etc. I had fish which was good but am really dying for some Beans or potatoes and really craving salad.

I have had some pain, albeit light pain, in my larger incision site but mostly when I am moving around a lot. I am not working right now so I am blessed to be able to stay home and not have much stress. I want hot food, real food, fruit, salad...something crunchy and salty. what is everyone else following for post op dieting?