Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had plastic surgery in Mexico?

I've been at goal for a year now and am ready for a breast implant revision (had the same ones for 31 yrs now). I'm going for a consult in June with a local doc, but was wondering if anyone has had plastics done in Mexico. If so, by whom, what did you have done, what was the cost, and were you concerned at all about your safety? Any other information would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Glad you asked - I have been wondering for when I get to goal I want a tummy tuck!

I agree with Sauceda in Monterrey. I've been seeing his name for yrs now on OH and have researched him myself. Seems good and very reasonably priced and highly recommended by his patients and other surgeons.

Kelly

Are you set on a certain city in Mexico? Have you considered Tijuana?

I don't mean to be rude, but I was asking for replies from members of this board who have already had plastic surgery in Mexico. I am not interested in having a dialogue with a doctor or his group. Thanks!

I apologize, I was merely offering pointers and advice from somebody that knows many doctors in the area. Best of luck in your endeavors!! Have a great day.

So I guess my answer, for this board, is no. I assume most people are still in the losing stage and not ready for this yet. I guess I'll stick with my local docs. Living in the DFW area I'm fortunate to have access to some of the best in the country, so I may as well take advantage of it, even if it will cost a bit more. Thanks everyone -

TexasT please do relay back to us your results/experience. I will be looking for input in the future and this board is certainly lacking the the Plastics area.

Oregondaisy just had a facelift in Mexicali...I was being revised w/Dr Aceves while she was there..she liked her surgeon..just a thought :)

Just made an appointment for my breast augmentation revision (I've had mine for 31 yrs!!) with Dr. Michael Bogdan in Southlake, TX for next month. He took a whole 1.5 hrs for my consult. This is the 3rd consult I've had and was super impressed with him and his staff.

We're concentrating on the girls this time, but once I save up some more $$ I'm probably going to get a neck lift and maybe something done to my cheeks (the ones on my face, in case you're wondering - ha!). Now that I'm done losing weight, the areas beside my nose look pretty gaunt and sunk in. Hopefully some type of filler can plump them back up again, but I know they also do fat transfers for that area too. That's one of the bad things about losing so much weight - sometimes you lose it in places you don't really want to. But it's a trade-off I'd happily make again to be skinny everywhere else.

Hi, not sure if it helps but I will be getting a sleeve with Dr. Almanza on the 26th. He has a package for $5500 which includes a Tummy Tuck, breast lift and one area of Lipo. I will go back after I lose the weight and get the nips and tucks.

Hi, I went to South America to do a breast implants along with a liposuction of my stomach, back and flanks and a brazilian butt lift (buttock augmentation with fat injections), i went to MakeoverTravel clinic,

and i am very happy with my results. I paid $5,500 for the 3 procedures, and it was sooo cheap!! :rolleyes:

Firstly i only wanted to go at Makeovertravel center for a breast implants surgery bc the cost for was very affordable ($2,900 for breast implants) but i also asked them a quote for Breast surgery +lipo+ butt augmentation, and they quoted me $5,500 for all. it was a super price.

My dr. truly changed my life. During my first consultation, my dr. took the time to explain my options regarding the safest and best procedure for my special needs. I was impressed by makeovertravel surgeons' credentials, experience, and honesty. The day of my procedure, I knew exactly what to expect. my dr. and his entire staff were caring, cautious, and professional. I was treated like family. I wish that I had done this procedure years ago!! but in the US the cost of this this "package" would be around $15,000.dry.gif

post-11392-13813657081095_thumb.jpg

Hi, I went to South America to do a breast implants along with a liposuction of my stomach, back and flanks and a brazilian butt lift (buttock augmentation with fat injections), i went to MakeoverTravel clinic,

and i am very happy with my results. I paid $5,500 for the 3 procedures, and it was sooo cheap!! :rolleyes:

Firstly i only wanted to go at Makeovertravel center for a breast implants surgery bc the cost for was very affordable ($2,900 for breast implants) but i also asked them a quote for Breast surgery +lipo+ butt augmentation, and they quoted me $5,500 for all. it was a super price.

My dr. truly changed my life. During my first consultation, my dr. took the time to explain my options regarding the safest and best procedure for my special needs. I was impressed by makeovertravel surgeons' credentials, experience, and honesty. The day of my procedure, I knew exactly what to expect. my dr. and his entire staff were caring, cautious, and professional. I was treated like family. I wish that I had done this procedure years ago!! but in the US the cost of this this "package" would be around $15,000.dry.gif

How was the traveling post op? Can you explain how it all worked out as far as travel, where you stayed and how you came home? I'm so curious as I want to fix the girls as soon as I am at goal for a while. Thank you!

Well, I'm 3.5 wks post-op from my breast augmentation revision and things went fantastic. Dr. Bogdan removed my 31-yr old ruptured silicone implants and replaced them with the new gummy-style silicone. I had a capsular contraction with my last implants, so they were hard as rocks. Now these new ones supposedly feel like natural boobies (though I really have no idea - it's been so long since mine WERE natural, and when they were there wasn't much to them to feel!). Dr. B removed all my old scar tissue internally and also my whole old scar along the fold under my breast. My new scars are so thin and gorgeous (for scars) that I don't think you'll even be able to see them once I'm all healed.

I'm happy, hubby is thrilled, and now I have experience with an amazing aethesthic surgeon for when I want to do more. First thing on the list is some type of filler for my cheeks so they won't look so gaunt, then someday a neck lift to get rid of the turkey neck. But got to get back to saving the $$$ again first.