Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Helpful Hints for Success???

Hi All!

I started my Pre-Op Diet today...a few days late as I was out of the country...but none the less, I'm prepping for my May 3rd surgery as we speak!

After an unsuccessful outcome with the band...not blaming the band or me...we'll just call it "unsuccessful", I would love to get some tips from you all on what is making the difference this time. Maybe send me over your top 2 or 3 tips (more if you like) to help me and others like me, to make the successful transition from band to sleeve.

Looking forward to your replies!

Barb

Drink your Water, eat Protein first, and exercise when you are able to. Exercise makes you burn more calories all the time, so I feel it has helped me the most with success. Also, keep in mind that we all go through stalls here and there. If you follow the rules, you will get to your goals. The sleeve is an amazing tool. Congrats on your big day!!! :D

PS: The sleeve actually works! You will be amazed how much better it is than the band. ;)

1) Measure your portions RELIGIOUSLY(measure by volume, not weight), do not try to eyeball it early out. Stick with the recommended amount, no more regardless if you feel full or not. Eating until we're full got us fat in the first place.

2) Follow the post-op dietary guideline, and tweak it when necessary to do what works with your body.

3) Drink your fluids, eat your Protein, take your Vitamins

4) Move more when you can

5) Common sense will be your best friend through this journey

The sleeve works. The lack of hunger (or decreased hunger that many experience) is fabulous, and that is what I contribute to a lot of my success and continued success in maintenance. I rarely exercised, and hate it. I'm not one of the workout, dopamine junky, I don't get that feel good feeling. It is nothing more than a chore to me, just like scrubbing a toilet in my mind. I know I need it, but I don't do it.

You'll love the sleeve compared to the band.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches