Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Plays Golf?

Had my surgery on 3/30. Lost 40 lbs from my heaviest so far. Visited my doctor today and asked about exercise. He told me to go for it. Now my questions is who plays golf and how soon did you start hitting golf balls?

Chris,

Glad to hear you got the green light to play golf. I had my surgery on 2/18 and was hitting golf bals on the range 4 weeks later. I played my first round 5 weeks after surgey with no discomfort. All is well and my game is improving with better balance and follow through.

Good Luck

Had my surgery on 3/28 and asked the dr. about my league that starts on 4/25......He told me not only will I be able to play, but I should do it 30 lbs. lighter! I hope so.....will have to lose 4 lbs. in 3 days to make that, but they seem to fall off in 2lb increments so yay!

Anybody live and golf in Michigan?

Played yesterday. My wife and I joined a friend from work and hit a course at twilight. It's going to take some time to put the swing back together. The last time I played I was in the 260+ range, and yesterday I stepped on the first tee at 226.4. Sadly, I got tired pretty quickly and for a few holes only hit tee shots and then watched my wife have a great time. I did play 18 with a good tee shot, crappy second, good 3rd and 2 putts for a par. I might take a week or two off to just work on getting my stamina back.

Had my surgery on 3/30. Lost 40 lbs from my heaviest so far. Visited my doctor today and asked about exercise. He told me to go for it. Now my questions is who plays golf and how soon did you start hitting golf balls?

I was sleeved on Jan 6th. I went to the driving range about 6 weeks later and walked 9 holes by the end of March. I walked 18 once this month but was wiped for 3 days. I find I just don't have the stamina to walk 18. I now ride 18 but am still very tired when I'm done. I usually come home and nap for 2 hrs! I'm having some slight anemia problems so that might be why I get so tired.

Priscilla

Golf has been one of the joys I've rediscovered since my surgery. I had always loved playing but the past couple of years I did not have the desire to even try and swing a club. Now I'm at the driving range at least twice a week. If weather in MI ever cooperates I'll be out walking 9 on Saturday mornings.

Amazing how much better my golf swing is with so much less weight to keep balanced.