Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else feel like they're being stalked?

I am getting personal messages sent to me from MEN on this forum that are a little creepy. Even though I don't respond, I will still find more in my box the next day. They say things like HOT MAMA and SEXY GIRL & want my advice or help.

Anyone else getting these messages are am I the only lucky one?! :rolleyes

Up to this point, I had felt safe posting my pictures on this board, but now I'm not quite sure. My husband is disgusted by it. :)

Wow....that is kind of scary. I would probably take this a little further and involve a mod. This is cyberworld and there are a lot of weirdo's out there. Maybe you should post of pic of your hubby and your pit bull.

Gosh Diane, what a VIOLATION of your kindness and open spirit! This is so aggravating.

How long has this been happening? And how often are you getting pm's?

Wonder if its the same person??

As many pictures as Ive posted here - and as long as Ive been around, Ive never had a problem.

I agree with the others, forward those pm's to a moderator. You can also turn 'off' your pm box for a short time (under user CP).

((hugs)) this is freaky!

I feel bad that someone did this to you Diane, I wonder if it might be possible to set more strict membership requirements? Mods any ideas?

Hi Diane, I've had similar things happen -- fortunately not in this particular board. I actually had a guy use the info available when you post a picture to get my phone number, and CALL ME at home, to ask what I would do if I went to check my mail one day and found an engagement ring and a place ticket to where he lived. I don't think he liked my answer very much! That didn't keep him from calling me on my cell phone (don't ask how he got it, because I'm still not sure) 30 mins from where I live, asking me to meet him for lunch. And even worse - once I got him to stop bugging me, his best friend started in.

If you let a mod (who can let the admin) know who the person is, then there are protective measures to a variety of degrees that can be taken. But if no one knows who the person is, there's not much that can be done.

I guess from my story, take away the knowledge that things like this can escalate, and that for someone who knows how to manipulate the www's resources, there are surprising amounts of information to be accessed. If you find the situation questionable, act on it before it has a chance to escalate.

You don't have to be a member on this board or any other board to read and learn a lot about the people who post.

I just now went googled "dianechef'......got several links to check you out........hmmmmm.....I see you're concerned about your boobies, I see you bought some coins on eBay, I see how much y ou weighed to begin with.........and that's without ever opening up this board.

We are ALL out there for the world to see......all our pictures, our scars, our flab, our words, our fears, our occupations, pictures of our houses, our kids........and for those daring people who use their real names - no privacy left at all.

Google yourself and see.

Man, this is scary. I personally haven't had that happen, but if it happened more than once or twice I'd definately let a moderator know AND, if it was the same guy, I'd put them on my ignore list.

GayleTX - thanks for the reminder - I googled myself and wow! Came right back here and deleted personal stuff -- ALL can be read about your bio and every single post on here - a word to the wise - be friendly - but don't give out personal info -- don't give your state and post pics of homes, children, etc......unless you want the world to see them!

also....WHY can people read everyone's journal entries??? I mean strangers - who google people - can read their journals....why can't that be blocked from those who do not want to be a member here?

Google yourself - you will be very surprised and possibly shocked at how much access people have in here....no wonder stalkers are here!

A tip I would give to those of you who are wary - use the image upload feature the board has rather than pictures on "your" server. If it's your personal server, all it takes is a look at properties and a stop by any IP registration site to learn your name, address, phone number, etc. Even if you use a fre image hosting site - it doesn't take too much smarts to see every album you have, so even though you may not post pics of house/kids/etc - it's still possible for someone to find them.

Ok - help out a lost soul please lol.........the image upload feature the board has??? how does one do that...........thanks!

Okay, I just googled myself. I had no clue this stuff was out there!!!! You can see family pictures, swimsuit pictures & MORE!! I thought I was only sharing this info. with my friends at LBT. :confused:

Gayle - When you wrote that I had purchased some coins I thought you had to be wrong because I have never purchased a thing on ebay. However, I found out that my husband used my name to purchase & sell some coins on ebay. Isn't that nice?!?!?! :tired

I am sure that the person who PM'd me has read this thread. At this point, I am not sure if his intentions were bad or not. He DOES have a band himself & has posted on several threads here. Maybe when he called me HOT MAMA he thought he was paying me a compliment & thought I would like being called that?!?! Either way, It just made me feel very creepy.

I haven't had any problems since I posted this & I'm hoping it just stops. My concern was to see if he had done this to other girls on here. Apparently not!!

Wheetsin - How scary that you had to go through what you did!! Ack!! I am strongly considering taking my pictures & personal info.down. I may leave them for a week or so after I post something, but not leave them to be googled.

I've had it happen once. I made a comment about my abundant backside and got a really weird message - it was only once so I just deleted it but had I gotten another I wouldnt have hesitated to forward it to the moderators. That's creepy.