Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm back from plication surgery!

oliviam
Sign in to follow this  

Finally I am back to the land of the living! I had plication done on Tuesday February 15th with Dr. Ortiz at OCC. To start, the facility was very nice and the staff was absolutely wonderful. Some of the nurses there have had the surgery so it felt good to know that they knew exactly what I was going through. I got in early on Tuesday morning to the airport and went straight from the airport to OCC. They did all my pre op tests and surgery on the same day. I met so many from these boards there, it was awesome!

After the surgery I had some pretty tremendous gas pains. They told me to walk and walk I did all through the night. I threw up a couple of times the first night but was discharged on Wednesday to the hotel. I stayed at the Lucerne and I highly recommend it. Very very nice, with very nice people, especially if you tip them! Wednesday night was pitiful, I threw up on the hour every hour, could not keep down my pain meds, the gas pressure felt close to a heart attack and I was ready to head right back into that center and have them undo every last stitch! My husband called the center on Thursday and they told me to come back in. While waiting to be seen in the waiting room, I saw many others who had had the surgery on the same day or after me and they were doing wonderfully. I think my situation was honestly the exception and not the rule. They did a barium test and they said everything looked great, just a reaction perhaps to the anesthesia. By Thursday night I was vomit free and had a good nights sleep and by Friday morning I felt like a new woman! We flew home Friday night and I have been great since. I am still on the liquid diet and for the most part I do not have a desire to eat unless I prepare a meal for my family or have to watch others eat.

I have not weighed myself yet! I'm afraid! My mother suggested I weight so as to avoid being discouraged. I am still soooo bloated from being pumped up with gas and the swelling so I am going to wait it out this week and weigh in maybe next Monday, if I can stand it that long. I know many of you wanted me to fill you in so I hope this helps. Please, please, please let me know if there is anything I didn't mention that you would like to know!!!

Ah Olivia-

Sorry u had such a bad reaction but I'm glad u r better. I usually have that same reaction to surgery also. Now u know and u can tell the doctor to add Reglan or another kind of anti-nausea to ur IV. Glad u r back, feeling better and on the loser's bench!! :)

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Sorry you had a rough couple of days. It will only get better, though!