Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have experience with Dr. Nick Nicholson?

I have decided to cancel my surgery date in Mexico (Dr. Aceves) and instead stay in the US. While Dr. Aceves has a great reputation and I was comfortable with him as a surgeon I really was never personally comfortable with the idea of going to Mexico. Specifically about the sterilization practices.

Since making the decision to not to go Mexico the uneasy feeling in my stomach has gone away and I feel more confident with my decision to have a VSG.

After doing some research I've decided to go with Dr. Nicholson in Dallas and was hoping to hear from some of his patents.

How are your results?

How did you find him as a surgeon?

Are you happy with your after care?

How was your experience like at Forrest Park Medical Centre?

How many nights did you stay in the hospital?

Given what you know now, would you choose him again to be your surgeon?

Thanks!

I am a patient of Dr. Nick and he is fantastic. FPMC is first class. IT is really nice....more like being in a hotel than a hospital. I stayed one night. I maybe should have stayed a 2nd, but I had a daughter at home that I wanted to get back to. I wanted her to see that I was fine.

I just had my 6 wk check up today. I have lost exactly 20 lbs. At first, I was a little discouraged at my progress until my appt today. I don't have as much to lose as some of the others on this board. I need to lose a total of 60-65 lbs. The nurse reassured me that I was one track for someone my size. If I look at the % lost, I am at about 33% lost.

I would absolutely choose him again. There are drs in town that will perform 10-14 bariatric procedures in ONE day. Dr Nick doesn't do that. He limits his procedures to 5-6 per day. How would you like to be the 14th patient going in for surgery?

I initially chose him from a billboard and then researched everyone. He was the second dr that I saw. The first dr scared me so bad that I almost didn't go to a second dr. Dr. NIck just made me feel so comfortable and his office is sooo nice!!!

If you want to know more, I'll be happy to speak with you by phone or email. I'll see if I can figure out how to private msg you on this thing so you have my contact info.

I would RUNNNNN as far as the East is from the West!!!! My experience with him and his staff was HORRIBLE!!!! DO NOT USE HIM!!!!! Heres my email: lovstarr@gmail.com and I can tell you the most AWFUL experience that I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!! I would RUNNNNNNNNN FAR FAR AWAY FROM HIM!!! I had scheduled to have the sleeve and found out from that he had scheduled me for the WRONG surgery! They had me scheduled for the lap-band instead! The whole thing was devestating and awful! I would NEVER tell anyone to go there after the horrible treatment and misrepresentation that I received from him!! PLS EMAIL ME SO I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE!!! I DONT want ANYONE to have to go through what I went through!

I have decided to cancel my surgery date in Mexico (Dr. Aceves) and instead stay in the US. While Dr. Aceves has a great reputation and I was comfortable with him as a surgeon I really was never personally comfortable with the idea of going to Mexico. Specifically about the sterilization practices.

Since making the decision to not to go Mexico the uneasy feeling in my stomach has gone away and I feel more confident with my decision to have a VSG.

After doing some research I've decided to go with Dr. Nicholson in Dallas and was hoping to hear from some of his patents.

How are your results?

How did you find him as a surgeon?

Are you happy with your after care?

How was your experience like at Forrest Park Medical Centre?

How many nights did you stay in the hospital?

Given what you know now, would you choose him again to be your surgeon?

Thanks!

I am a patient of Dr. Nick and he is fantastic. FPMC is first class. IT is really nice....more like being in a hotel than a hospital. I stayed one night. I maybe should have stayed a 2nd, but I had a daughter at home that I wanted to get back to. I wanted her to see that I was fine.

I just had my 6 wk check up today. I have lost exactly 20 lbs. At first, I was a little discouraged at my progress until my appt today. I don't have as much to lose as some of the others on this board. I need to lose a total of 60-65 lbs. The nurse reassured me that I was one track for someone my size. If I look at the % lost, I am at about 33% lost.

I would absolutely choose him again. There are drs in town that will perform 10-14 bariatric procedures in ONE day. Dr Nick doesn't do that. He limits his procedures to 5-6 per day. How would you like to be the 14th patient going in for surgery?

I initially chose him from a billboard and then researched everyone. He was the second dr that I saw. The first dr scared me so bad that I almost didn't go to a second dr. Dr. NIck just made me feel so comfortable and his office is sooo nice!!!

If you want to know more, I'll be happy to speak with you by phone or email. I'll see if I can figure out how to private msg you on this thing so you have my contact info.

Dr. Nick will be doing my surgery as well (Mar 14). I start my pre-op diet Monday. My questions is... What is your diet post-op? I'm getting ready to order powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shakes and chicken Soup and need to know how much to purchase. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!!

I selected Dr. Nick after doing an internet search for weight loss suregeons in the Dallas area. His practice was a CENTER OF EXCELLENCE on the three different insurance plans I was on while getting certified (a year long process, long story). I then went and listened to a presentation by him and talked to people who had used him - both as a bariatric surgeon and as a general surgeon.

I am one week after being sleeved. Between the two week pre-op diet and the first week post sleeve, I am down between 20 and 25 pounds. I haven't needed any pain meds since I left the hospital, and haven't had any troubles with my sleeve.

I spent one night in Forrest Park Medical Centre. I started walking about three hours after returning to my room from the recovery room. The staff at Forrest Park was very caring, and were very knowledgeable about caring for patients post bariatric surgery. I think it is nice how the hospital is set up for very obese people - the chairs are larger, the gowns are larger, the bloodpressure cuffs are larger - a lot of forthought went into the little things. The hospital is as clean as a whistle everywhere. If it were a car - it would have the "new car" smell still on it. Now, the staff there will come in every 30 minutes after you get back to your room - to monitor you - so you will get no rest. But there is a purpose to there actions - they want to make sure there is no signs of post-surgery problems.

Dr. Nick's office staff was WONDERFUL to me - particularly a young lady named Summer who worked with me getting me through the hurdles with my insurance plans. The office staff was also very good at working with my employer's medical leave requirements - fullfilling every requirement promptly, so I had no interruption in my salary.

I also was quite impressed with Dr. Nick's PA (physician's assistant). She and doctor Nick were both very paitient with my questions. Dr. Nick even offered to let my Mom call him if she had questions. Doctor Nick also came and talked to me before my surgery - right as they were setting the IV. He is a very caring doctor - not one of those cold surgeons that doesn't see you as a whole person. I really trust him - and I don't say that often.

Dr. Nick's also have prepared a bunch of very well organized material that they provide you. It walks you through what to expect - and has some great lists like "what to have on hand when you return from the hospital".

I also was impressed with the dietician's at Forrest Park Medical center. I attended six months of meetings pre-surgery. The material they provided was also first rate. The classes they teach actually focus on how to change your behaviors, and what it will be like to live after your procedure is complete. They let you try all sorts of Proteins and Vitamins - so you know what you will want to have on hand. And, before I left the hospital, they brought me a bag of samples to take home with me.

I have no regrets about my decision to go with Dr. Nick or to have the surgery at Forrest Park. I would use Dr. Nick again for a surgeon if the need ever comes up.