Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CALLING ALL DR RODRIGUEZ SLEEVERS!!!!

Sign in to follow this  

I am getting sleeved with Dr Rodriguez, and I never see that many people on here that has had him for a Dr, I would love to hear from all of you!

Hi there. My husband and I were sleeved by Dr. Rod in July. Can't say enough good things about him and our experience. We are very happy, and have lost weight well. Congrats on your upcoming sleeve! When is the big day?

Which Dr. Rodriguez? I had my band by Dr. Rod three years ago.

Which Dr. Rodriguez? I had my band by Dr. Rod three years ago.

Dr Jose Rodriguez, he works at 2 locations, I am going to Tijuana for my surgery and he works in Juerez MX also I think I spelled that right...

Is this the same person?

Hi there. My husband and I were sleeved by Dr. Rod in July. Can't say enough good things about him and our experience. We are very happy, and have lost weight well. Congrats on your upcoming sleeve! When is the big day?

Nov 23rd and very nervous and scared and excited, lots and lots of emotions are going thru me like, what if something happens, what will my children do, lots of stuff, hearing that you had a good experience makes me feel good. Did you go to TJ for yours?

Did you have much pain after words??

I'm a baby when it comes to pain...

Thanks for your post and you have lost a lot of weight, good job!

Nov 23rd and very nervous and scared and excited, lots and lots of emotions are going thru me like, what if something happens, what will my children do, lots of stuff, hearing that you had a good experience makes me feel good. Did you go to TJ for yours?

I went to Dr. Arturo Rodriguez. You will do great though! Congrats on your surgery.

Congrats on your date! I can definitely understand your nerves. My husband and I both had the surgery, and I made him go first. I told him if something terrible happened to him, then I could back out so we didn't leave our son an orphan. And I made sure I saw him awake and talking and looking actually pretty good post-op, before I went back for my surgery. It's normal to feel those things, and I think it's healthy. The excitement is the part to grab onto if you start having lots of bad thoughts. Imagine where you'll be a year from now, even 6 months from now. We did go to Tijuana, as it seems safer than Juarez, and the plane ticket was cheaper to San Diego than to San Antonio (which is weird since we went through Texas to get to San Diego).

About the pain. I'd like to just tell you it's nothing, but I honestly think pain can be anywhere from hardly anything to severe. I was sort of in the middle of that. I had discomfort, and I was glad for the pain medication, but I didn't have any severe pain. There were people who had been sleeved there at the same time, though, who felt great, and went shopping in TJ after we got to the hotel. I didn't feel that good! And there were people who felt worse than I did. One woman had to go back to the hospital so they could check her out after our hotel night because she was having pain that the medication wasn't helping. She checked out fine, but just had more pain. So, I'd say to definitely prepare to have some pain. Some people say that the pain is nothing, and they never even took pain meds, but I didn't have that experience, and while the pain was not something I couldn't handle, it was there. I had never had a laparoscopic surgery before, so I was unprepared for the gas, as well. The walking is what helped the most with the gas, and you'll be encouraged to be up walking very soon after surgery. This does help when nothing else does. We took some Gas-X strips with us, and my husband thought they worked for him, but I didn't notice much difference.

I hope this helps. Thanks for your compliment! I still have a long way to go, but feel like I will make it this time. It's a nice feeling!

Thank you for the information, that makes me feel better, how many surgerys does the Dr do aday?

I was wondering after you go to the hotel do you go back to the Dr before leaving TJ?

I have been wondering that. Is the hotel close to the hospital?

I am glad I can talk to someone that has been there and knows all about it.

Did the Dr ask you what size bouge you wanted or anything like that?

Were are you from? I live in Salem OR, has your husband been loosing alot of weight also?\

I know lots of questions sorry. Ya your right about were will I be in a year from now and that is something I never thought to think about and now I will thank you

The hard thing I have to do is to stop my Soda and cigs I stoped smokling yesterday and I have to stop my soda 2 weeks before surgery. That is going to be my hardest things but well worth it in the end.

Well its off to work for me have a blessed day

Good luck with the quitting smoking/sodas. Fortunately, I wasn't a smoker, so I didn't have that obstacle, but I was surprised how easy it was to keep away from the soda. The first few days are the hardest, but I haven't had terrible cravings for them, and I haven't had one since pre-op. I did try a sip post-op once, and it tasted just awful. That's probably helping the non-cravings.

The hospital is quite close to the hotel. When you go to the hotel, it's the last day you're in TJ and the doctors come see you in your room that evening. I'm not sure how many surgeries they normally do in a day, but they don't start until noonish I think, or sometime after noon. My surgery was the last one and it was done late, like at 10pm. The BeLiteWeight coordinator, JoAnn said the day we were there that one surgery had taken quite a bit longer than they had planned, so that's why it was so late.

Dr. Rod uses a size 32 bougie, and I knew that before going in, but no, he didn't ask. I was glad he used the smaller one, so it wasn't something I needed to ask.

I live in Kansas. My husband has lost more than me, by about 10 lbs. He's a guy, so I guess that's normal, but we've both done well and had consistent weight loss. Hope this helps!

Hi

i had sleeve plication sept 29 with Dr Rod. I had bad bleeding and pukeing blood for 30 hours. No one told me why and there should have been no blood with plication.Now 16 days post op I feel hungry all the time. i can drink a big glass of milk or eat something and feel no restriction. Were you guys like this? Fluids seem to run straight threw. Did he make my pouch too big?

Hi

i had sleeve plication sept 29 with Dr Rod. I had bad bleeding and pukeing blood for 30 hours. No one told me why and there should have been no blood with plication.Now 16 days post op I feel hungry all the time. i can drink a big glass of milk or eat something and feel no restriction. Were you guys like this? Fluids seem to run straight threw. Did he make my pouch too big?

I didn't have a plication, but I also didn't have any of your complications. When I first woke, I did have some dry heaves, but never puked blood. Some of that could be from the breathing tube used during surgery causing trauma, and with any procedure where they cut into your stomach there can be bleeding. But there's a big difference between puking blood and what I experienced. I did throw up one time 3 days out and it was blood tinged, but definitely not just blood. There was also bile since I was dehydrated (my own fault, because I was scared to drink because of the nausea. The dehydration was making my nausea worse and it was a big circle of annoying until I figured out that I needed fluids so I didn't throw up). Did they draw lab on you to make sure you weren't losing too much blood? Did they give you the nausea medication? (that stuff was heaven while I was in the hospital, because I felt nauseous a lot).

I'm sorry you're feeling hungry, and feel that you don't have enough restriction; I have felt next to no hunger since my surgery (except head hunger and that is there for sure!), and I definitely have restriction. 16 days out, I was barely getting down cottage cheese. I don't have a lot of knowledge regarding the plication, but from what I hear there isn't as much restriction, and it seems that maybe the Ghrelin isn't as severely reduced as with the regular sleeve. Don't quote me on that, because I really don't know; these are just things I have observed from reading others' posts. I tried to find out the answers to these things before surgery, but I considered the plication very strongly while I was still pre-op. I couldn't get answers to those questions pre-op, so I didn't go with the plication.

I hope you're feeling better now, and will have good success with your surgery. It's hard right at first, but I know for me things have gotten progressively easier as I go along, and I'm only about 3 months out, so I fully expect to learn more as I progress, and to feel even more comfortable.

Hi

Thanks. i definately do not have restriction like you. i can eat cottage cheeze and not even feel it. i can drink 8 oz in 15 minutes and not feel full. Can you tell me what and how much you can eat. Also, after you eat and feel full, how long does it last until you feel hungry. I am hungry 15 minutes after I eat. Who was your Doctor and how much did he charge for your operation.

thanks