Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I was admitted to the hospital last night with pancreatitis. I thought I had something lodged in my sleeve. But evidently it has nothing to do with my surgery. Anyone else have experience with this?

Edited by Grateful Heart

Sorry you are going through this. I am of no help to you but I will be curious to read the responses you receive. Keep us posted please as you are able and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sorry you are going through this. I am of no help to you but I will be curious to read the responses you receive. Keep us posted please as you are able and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks LAN2k. I will keep y'all posted.

I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with pancreatitis. I know OregonDaisy on here had issues with her gallbladder that led to pancreatitis. She should be on later this evening, and be able to help you out, or you could shoot her a private message and she'll reply.

I hope you start feeling better soon. Keep us updated.

Thanks Tiff.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! I don't know what pancreaitis is exactly but I pray you are getting better!!

yes, I got pancreatitis when I ignored my gall bladder pain thinking it was something else. I ended up in the hospital with nothing by mouth , not even Water for 4 days before they could remove my gall bladder

Thanks everybody for your responses and your prayers. I am home now. Feeling much better. Like you OregonDaisy nothing at all by mouth since Wednesday! Lots of antibiotics. Whatever they look at in our labs that should have been around 200 was 1200. I was very sick. Anyway with the antibiotics my numbers went down to nearly normal and I have no more pain. The important thing is that it had nothing to do with my sleeve or my gall bladder.The doctor said his best guess was a virus.

did they do an ultasound on your gall bladder to be sure?

Yes, they did. Said everything looked ok on the ultrasound but the labs showed pabcreatitus. I asked the doc when he discharged me "are you sure my gallbladder is ok?" and he said yes the gallbladder was not involved. Strange, huh?

That is super strange, but it's great your GB is good. Pancreatitis such a weird thing. The Lipase and Amylase are the 2 main enzymes that monitor our pancreas, and the levels shoot up on those enzymes.

I'm so glad you are feeling better, and hope you continue to recover.

Tiff,

Whichever enzyme it was the norm was 200 and mine was 1200 and the ER doc would not let me leave! I guess that was pretty high. They really never found out the problem - said it could have been a virus that attached my pancreas. But back at work today feeling good!:crying:

SOOO glad to hear you are doing better!!! Will I still be seeing you Wed. morning??? I'm super excited about finding out everything that day. Just praying that nothing happens with my insurance policy on the employer side before everything goes through for approval since the healthcare "reform" passed on Sunday.

My levels were over 4,000! All I know was I was in terrible pain!

So okay, here's the deal. My surgeon's office called me this morning to schedule a gallbladder scan and a Hidascan. I told her that the hospital doctor said my gallbladder was not involved. She told me that a ct scan cannot see all the gallbladder and that the gallbladder was very likely involved.

Anyway Dr. Merriman wants to follow through with these tests. I personally think it is a good idea to take a closer look at my gallbladder. So anyway I'll have these tests on Mar 30.

I still feel good and have no pain!:confused1: