Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I am looking for a doctor in Houston that works with UHC. I know for certain that Spivak and Spiegel no longer accept UHC. Does anyone know of a doctor who does? I have only in-network benefits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gracie

I have Definity Health PPO, which is part of the United Healthcare (UHC) corporation. I, too, was a patient of Dr. Spivak's but went elsewhere when he took himself out-of-network due to UHC's change in reimbursement policy. I changed my surgeon in April to Dr. Terry Scarborough, of the University of Texas physicians practice in Houston. His counterpart is Dr. Erik Wilson. Both are still in-network with UHC. I will be having surgery under Dr. Scarborough's care at the end of June 2006 and couldn't be happier with the care his office has provided. Visit their site at www.utdocs.com. Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

I am currently working with Dr. Dexter Turnquest on Red Oak to help me with revision surgery. He is awesome and comes highly recommended. He was voted one of the "super Doctors" of Texas in Texas monthly magazine by his peers. I think he takes most insurances. good luck~ Bullit

Thanks everyone, I did notice that Spiegel is back in-network with UHC, rather interesting. I wonder what made him change his mind? With that aside, I did find a doctor in network with UHC, Dr. Alanis. My surgery is coming up next month.

Hello Houston!

Yes, I'm really glad to hear that Spiegel is back In-Network but for the one month that he decided to go out-of-network is the month that I got banded so I had to pay out-of-network costs which amounts to $2,500.00 more. I don't think that doctors should be allowed to jump in and out of network during the year. Normally, as an insurance client (or whatever you want to call me -- I have UHC insurance) I could not make a change until the first of the year. I think doctors should have to remain on the type of insurance they chose at the beginning of the year and then at the end of the year, change if they want. This is ridiculous. I wonder if Spiegel plans to re-imburse the people that got stuck in his one month period of uncertainty. Whew! Okay, I'm through venting now. Thanks for listening!! :eek:

Refund? You think we could get a refund? I think it was probably a combination of Spiegel and UHC not coming to terms. After evaluating the number of patients with UHC it was reevaluated. If we paid too much then we should get something. I guess I'll wait until the bills come in and see what UHC does in the way of adjustments.

Yes, let's keep in touch and let each other know if either of us get some kind of re-imbursement. It'll be interesting! ;)

Thanks everyone, I did notice that Spiegel is back in-network with UHC, rather interesting. I wonder what made him change his mind? With that aside, I did find a doctor in network with UHC, Dr. Alanis. My surgery is coming up next month.

I noticed you used Dr Alanis, I'm looking for feedback regarding him and his care. I had my consult with him and have done all paper work. His office said they would send it in by Friday at the latest (May 9) How is his after care? How is his office staff? Do they stay on top of your case while dealing with the insurance people? I know alot of questions but I was just curious and needed some help. Thanks in advance Where did you have the surgery done. I have UHC also choice plus how was your experience with them?

I have Definity Health PPO, which is part of the United Healthcare (UHC) corporation. I, too, was a patient of Dr. Spivak's but went elsewhere when he took himself out-of-network due to UHC's change in reimbursement policy. I changed my surgeon in April to Dr. Terry Scarborough, of the University of Texas physicians practice in Houston. His counterpart is Dr. Erik Wilson. Both are still in-network with UHC. I will be having surgery under Dr. Scarborough's care at the end of June 2006 and couldn't be happier with the care his office has provided. Visit their site at www.utdocs.com. Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Dr. Scarbrough is my surgeon as well. You know he is no long with UTPhysicians...he and Dr. Uwe *sp are in practice together dba TLC. Texas Laproscopic Center I think at Park Plaza.