Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prescriptions, Guest food, etc

I am preparing for July 25th surgery and have a few questions:

1.) How much should I expect to pay for prescriptions in Mexico?

2.) How much do I need to anticipate for food at resort prior to surgery and food for my mom at the hospital? (meal suggestions?)

3.) Did anyone have trouble bringing the prescriptions back across the border?

4.) My flight out is at 12:30 p.m. I know that the instructions say to schedule closer to 1:00. Did anyone have problems making their flights?

5.) Any must haves that I should bring to Mexico?

Can you tell I am a teacher and like to cover my bases? Thanks for all your help. Any other information/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Deanna

Mississippi Girl in Florida

Are you going to Dr. Aceves? they have a great email that they send out with all that information. Somebody should have a copy of it that they could post here, or you could ask Nina to email it to you. It covers everything!

I take Protonics and did not buy the Nexium in MX. Protonics is just as good and my ins. covers it. I believe the email says not to bring more than $20 for meals.

I am preparing for July 25th surgery and have a few questions:

1.) How much should I expect to pay for prescriptions in Mexico? The only thing you need to have is the Nexium Mups - if you buy the 40 mg. and cut them in half - one box will last you 28 days. We have purchased these at 3 different pharamacies in Mexicali and the price was the same at each one - $488.00 PESOs. When we were there last week the exchange was $13.50 so US dollars would be $36.15. Not sure what other scripts you might need.

2.) How much do I need to anticipate for food at resort prior to surgery and food for my mom at the hospital? (meal suggestions?) I think dinner averages about $20 person depending on where you eat - if you eat at a restaurant outside of the Lucerna it might be less.

3.) Did anyone have trouble bringing the prescriptions back across the border? No we weren't even 'inspected' at any time crossing through customs and we've done it 3 times now.

4.) My flight out is at 12:30 p.m. I know that the instructions say to schedule closer to 1:00. Did anyone have problems making their flights?

5.) Any must haves that I should bring to Mexico? Something to keep you occupied - reading materials, laptop, cross-stitch - something as the days seem long, unless you sleep alot, and there's not always something on TV worth watching. And Kleenexes if you use them as the hospital doesn't have any. I also took baby wipes because they don't have washcloths -- although they will provide you with towels for your shower. You might want to take your own pillow too!

Any medication you take on a daily basis you should take as well and let the doctor know what you take and when so you can be sure and get it when allowed.

Can you tell I am a teacher and like to cover my bases? Thanks for all your help. Any other information/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Deanna

Mississippi Girl in Florida

You're gonna love Dr. Aceves and his staff. If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know. I'll respond to you PM tonight when I'm at home and have access to my emails.

Vegas covered most everything else...

My flight out was 12:30 and we had plenty of time. We got back to the airport a little after 11:00am (and we had to drop off another lady at a hotel first). I don't think you'll have a problem there.

I did freak out a bit by the line at security at the airport, but it moved very fast. My DH had plenty of time to eat before boarding the plane & we still had time to just sit there.

I have the email that was sent to me if anyone needs it. It covers everything, like be sure to bring flip flops if your slippers are difficult to put on.Shampoo, etc.