Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this interesting website. Great place to meet and great with other sleevers. Although I have not had surgery yet, I am meeting with my NUT and Co-ordinator on July 21. It looks like surgery will be in the fall. I am part of a 5 year study on VSG performed in Halifax, NS. I have been battling my weight all my life. I have been on a waiting list for surgery for 5 years but then that surgeon retired. So my Dr. referred me to the weight loss clinic last fall. Things are moving along quite quickly. I am scared and excited but hopeful that this will be the beginning of a new life for me. I am a mom to a 26 year old boy. He is as lean as a bean. Well, that is me. If you would like to keep in touch, feel free.

Regards, Sugarbear:001_wub:

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this interesting website. Great place to meet and great with other sleevers. Although I have not had surgery yet, I am meeting with my NUT and Co-ordinator on July 21. It looks like surgery will be in the fall. I am part of a 5 year study on VSG performed in Halifax, NS. I have been battling my weight all my life. I have been on a waiting list for surgery for 5 years but then that surgeon retired. So my Dr. referred me to the weight loss clinic last fall. Things are moving along quite quickly. I am scared and excited but hopeful that this will be the beginning of a new life for me. I am a mom to a 26 year old boy. He is as lean as a bean. Well, that is me. If you would like to keep in touch, feel free.

Regards, Sugarbear:001_wub:

I can't tell you how great WLS can be. You get your life back in more ways than you can imagine. You get your health back, your sanity, your self esteem, everything. You just have no idea how great it is!

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to getting to know you!

Im also a newbie who is on the journey to have vertical sleeve sugery. Im so pump and ready to have surgery.Ive dont most of the work up but i need to lose 20 pounds first for me and surgeon can have a heart to heart. Im really glad vertical sleeve has finally got its own board

I could not be happier that this board is here. I had my surgery only about 6 weeks ago.

I am still learning how to eat with the sleeve, but it's felt really great not to be obsessed about food anymore.

:thumbup:Hello all, I just found out today that I am having my surgery on June 16th. Which is four days before my 36th birthday. I couldn't be happier. I have been on this journey for about two years. My husband is Army and we were stationed in Hell Paso, Texas as I like to call it. It is very warm there. I started the process there. I got to my one on one consult with the doctor, we decided that the RNY was for me, he put me on a waiting list that was about 6-9 months long. Then a few weeks later I found out we were being sent to Lawton, Ok. I was so dissappointed. My family finally got settled and went to my doctor and she put in a referral to the surgery clinic. I talked to the doctor and he wanted me to go threw the process all over again. I ended up getting a stress test and a bunch more different tests than I received in El Paso. I feel now that I am ready. The doctor here does the sleeve and I am so glad I had to wait. I am glad I am making the VSG my choice. I guess it was a good thing. I was just so ready to get it over with. The past week has been harder that I thought it would be. This liquid diet made me see I wasn't as strong as I thought I was. I have a lot more issues with food than I wish I had. I think my biggest fear is after the surgery. Maybe I should be more afraid of the surgery itself. I am just scared to fail like I have every diet I have ever been on. I keep telling myself this is a life change not another diet. Just wanted everyone to know how much getting on this web site has helped my self esteem. I get on a couple of times a day when I think I need a snack, something to eat, or some support. I get strength from all of you.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Mia

:thumbup:Hello all, I just found out today that I am having my surgery on June 16th. Which is four days before my 36th birthday. I couldn't be happier. I have been on this journey for about two years. My husband is Army and we were stationed in Hell Paso, Texas as I like to call it. It is very warm there. I started the process there. I got to my one on one consult with the doctor, we decided that the RNY was for me, he put me on a waiting list that was about 6-9 months long. Then a few weeks later I found out we were being sent to Lawton, Ok. I was so dissappointed. My family finally got settled and went to my doctor and she put in a referral to the surgery clinic. I talked to the doctor and he wanted me to go threw the process all over again. I ended up getting a stress test and a bunch more different tests than I received in El Paso. I feel now that I am ready. The doctor here does the sleeve and I am so glad I had to wait. I am glad I am making the VSG my choice. I guess it was a good thing. I was just so ready to get it over with. The past week has been harder that I thought it would be. This liquid diet made me see I wasn't as strong as I thought I was. I have a lot more issues with food than I wish I had. I think my biggest fear is after the surgery. Maybe I should be more afraid of the surgery itself. I am just scared to fail like I have every diet I have ever been on. I keep telling myself this is a life change not another diet. Just wanted everyone to know how much getting on this web site has helped my self esteem. I get on a couple of times a day when I think I need a snack, something to eat, or some support. I get strength from all of you.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Mia

Mia...

You are going to LOVE your sleeve and it will make this whole process sooo worth it!

I love it, "Hell Paso, TX" as I can't say I have ever heard it put that way before.

It's okay that you are struggling with liquids, we all do. It's part of the process and you are right, it makes you take a long hard look at your food issues. But that's okay, now you know what to deal with, right?

You've made an excellent decision and you WILL be successful. The sleeve allows you to feel full on small amounts of food. Congratulation on getting the surgery you wanted!