Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Compression/ Support Bra after Breast Lift?

So, I went home with a special surgical bra. Closing in the front with Velcro straps. Super comfy. I was told I could switch to a support non underwire bra after one week. I have a Sports bra but I would like to have a better look and support. Any recommendations? What did you wear. What did you sleep in? :rolleyes: I still have swelling on my boobs and under my arms (from the lipo) still so I am not sure what my real size is yet. Thanks!!

Might sound silly but I picked up a "Genie Bra". No underwire ;).

I tried one on before I had the surgery and would work but since I had my arms lifted too I can not pull the bra over my head :( I will look into one once my arms are more healed!

I just have Ace bandages around my arms, breasts, and thighs. I have a corset-like compression garment around my abdomen. It keeps sliding up above my horizontal Tummy Tuck incision though. I'm pulling it down every time I get up to go to the bathroom.

I just have Ace bandages around my arms, breasts, and thighs. I have a corset-like compression garment around my abdomen. It keeps sliding up above my horizontal Tummy Tuck incision though. I'm pulling it down every time I get up to go to the bathroom.

They gave me special compression sleeves to wear 23 hours a day for 3 weeks. I don't mind wearing them at all - the sleeve make me feel like they are holding my arms together. I am wearing sports type bras right now. I am also wearing sleeveless maxi dress with like a scrunchy top that offers a little more tightness. My steri strips came off of both breast between yesterday and today. Everything looks really good so for. I am tired but feeling good.

Kirsten, how long before you could take a shower?

Kirsten, how long before you could take a shower?

I had surgery Friday. On Sunday I took off the compression sleeves and the dressings they had put on my arms. I also took off the surgical bra and was able to remove the dressings on my boobs. Then I was able to shower. I clipped the drains to a long necklace. The first shower did not feel real great. I could not wait to get back into the sleeves and bra. My arms felt really weird and my boobs where sore, Then add a bunch of drains hanging around my neck and it made for a bizarre moment. I also kinda freak out when I first saw my boobs looking perky and my arm thin. BUT so I guess a very long answer to your question 2 days :D

My doctor switched me from Ace bandages to a sports bra at my post-op appointment a week after surgery. My mom lent me some of hers that are a few sizes too big for me, but being loose suited me just fine because trying to put on a properly snug sports bra with sutures and staples on the arm just didn't sound like a good idea.

I just ordered some that should fit me fine, but I'm a little scared to try them on just yet. I think I will stick with the too-large sports bras for a little while longer.

Would you believe it that I didn't own a sports bra in my current size? I always exercised in a regular bra. Since the girls didn't really have much mass left behind them, it didn't matter. Now, with implants, I can see that I will never exercise without a sports bra again. I have mass on my chest once again! ;-)

Kirsten - Just curious what bra you ended up using? I was also sent home in a post-surgical bra with velcro straps that closed in the front. I think the surgical scrub they used on me rubbed off on the bra b/c I can't stand the way it smells. It's running through the washer for the 3rd time right now. I switched to another front close bra I already had (http://www.barenecessities.com/product.aspx?pf_id=LeadingLady110) but I'm hoping to find something that gives a little better shape under clothing. My arms don't hurt, but I still have limited motion and there's no way I could wrestle into a sports or genie bra right now.

Kirsten - Just curious what bra you ended up using? I was also sent home in a post-surgical bra with velcro straps that closed in the front. I think the surgical scrub they used on me rubbed off on the bra b/c I can't stand the way it smells. It's running through the washer for the 3rd time right now. I switched to another front close bra I already had (http://www.bareneces...=LeadingLady110) but I'm hoping to find something that gives a little better shape under clothing. My arms don't hurt, but I still have limited motion and there's no way I could wrestle into a sports or genie bra right now.

I ended up and I am still using Bali no underwire bras and I love them! I am clear after 6 weeks to wear whatever I want but for right now the Bali are great. I sleep in the cotton Bali no underwire bra and it is duper soft and comfy!

I LOVE this Bali one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005W0LTNU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been sleeping in a cotton nursing bra from Target. I didn't realize it had a flap until I got home, but it's super comfy, so it doesn't matter. lol.

I skipped purchasing front-close bras. It takes a bit of maneuvering, but so far I've been okay!

I hope you're doing well!

That is the same one I have!! I have it in a few colors!! I have one front close bra but don't really wear it. How you doing? recovering ok?

Great minds obviously think alike! I'm going to order a few more this week.

Yep, I'm okay...I'm just bored. lol. Since I was able to use short-term disability, starting Tuesday it will be my 3rd week off. I drive a manual and work about 45 mins away from home, so I'd like to avoid driving as long as possible.

I hope you're doing well!

Really I am doing great. Boobs are feeling better every day. I am rubbing the scars about 3 times a day and I think it is helping with the feeling coming back. My nipples are responding to touch but not a whole lot of feeling still in them. Over all I am back to doing everything I used to do. NOW I am still trying to wrapp my head around wearing cute clothes. I still need to be sized for a bra. The Bali are great but I would like some cuter bras and tops!! ;)

The Genie bra is very comfortable. I have quite a few of them and wear them 24/7, for sleep and working out and everything in between. In regard to the comment about not being able to pull anything over your head, the Genie bra is actually designed to be put on by stepping into it and pulling it up. It can be removed the same way. I highly recommend it.