Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Surgery-BC Canada

Hi...I live in the Tacoma Washington area. I have been researching Lap Band Surgery extensively. I am going to be a self-pay patient, so I am now researching surgeons and cost. I am looking for a surgeon in British Columbia nearer the USA border. And, can anyone tell me the cost in Canada? Thanks!

Hi Jeanna, there are a couple of drs on the lower mainland that I've called. Dr. Woodland in Ladner, 604 946 6500. I didn't get much information from his receptionist. She seemed suggest that all the information would come only at the $400 first consultation. Call though, you may have better luck. The other is Dr Leung in Surrey (I imagine he's in Richmond) 604 581 2515. His office was very helpful. They sent an information package out right away. The cost is $12,500, there's a 2-3 month wait. Remember that you can take I think about 13% off the price for the US dollar.

Hi...I live in the Tacoma Washington area. I have been researching Lap Band Surgery extensively. I am going to be a self-pay patient, so I am now researching surgeons and cost. I am looking for a surgeon in British Columbia nearer the USA border. And, can anyone tell ime the cost in Canada? Thanks!
i am going to pay 16.000 for it in toronto plus taxes

Hi Jeanna, there are a couple of drs on the lower mainland that I've called. Dr. Woodland in Ladner, 604 946 6500. I didn't get much information from his receptionist. She seemed suggest that all the information would come only at the $400 first consultation. Call though, you may have better luck.

Cowbay: You mean Dr. Woodhead, right? I know someone who's friend just got banded by him, and it cost her $13500. But Jeanna, ask them for yourself to be sure. That's pretty ridiculous that they won't tell you the price. Just tell them something like you want to make sure it's something you can afford, and not have to waste $400 to find out you can't. Supposedly this person who went to Dr. Woodhead got in 'really quickly'.. whatever that means. I'm sure really quickly is a minimum of at least a month wait.

Good luck.

Mandi

Mandi, yes, I did mean Dr Woodhead. I have to admit I was a bit frustrated at the response I got from his office. I guess I have to remember that the person who answers the phone, although representing the Dr, isn't always a reflection of him or her.

Dr Bradley Amson in victoria is a good DR and its about the same price as most in canada i have his number if you want it still

I had my surgery done in Mexico but originaly before it was available in the USA Dr. Fox was highly recommended to me. His office is in Tacoma (your area) I have now moved back to British Columbia and have reserached doctors here and go to one of those mentioned earlier.

Becasue of the pricve by Dr. Fox and the support offered I would use him. He is excellent. I did go to him for a fill and was extremely impressed. (I was banded 4 years ago) If i lived in your area I would go to him.

Your other oprion is using anothre clinic in Everett. They are Northwest Lapband and also excellent. I have a cousin who was banded in March and has lost 70 lbs. They are exctemely nice there. supportive and thorough. Good luck

Hi katy,

Just curious, how are you doing after 4 years? Tell us everything! How much have you lost? How much did you want to lose (or have to lose) :girl_hug:

I call Dr. Woodland office today and that lady on the phone is really not any help let me tell you but she did tell me someone else can do the fills for me but i would have to see the doctor for $400 i guess she really doesn't understand that i live in Whitehorse and i can just drive 5 mins to get to her office. maybe i need to make friends with her lol.

andree

she just told me if someone here in Whitehorse is qualified do to the fill then that would be fine and one of the doctor here is doing the fill for the tlbc clinic, so i dont really see the difference. and she did say its around $13000 but i would have to make two trips down.

andree

After being initially put off by Dr. Woodhead's office when I was exploring getting the band, I've gone to him for my aftercare, and I'm ok with how things are going.

He charges the $400 fee for the initial consultation and the first fill. I guess it's for the paperwork and kind of an agreement where he becomes the care dr. The fills are $75 after that.

I have no issues with this cost because he is the closest for fills and it still was way cheaper for me to have the surgery done in Mexico.

The issue I had with his office in the beginning was that they wouldn't even give me a price or anything. They wanted the consultation fee when I wasn't even sure I'd be accepted as a patient.

After being initially put off by Dr. Woodhead's office when I was exploring getting the band, I've gone to him for my aftercare, and I'm ok with how things are going.

He charges the $400 fee for the initial consultation and the first fill. I guess it's for the paperwork and kind of an agreement where he becomes the care dr. The fills are $75 after that.

I have no issues with this cost because he is the closest for fills and it still was way cheaper for me to have the surgery done in Mexico.

The issue I had with his office in the beginning was that they wouldn't even give me a price or anything. They wanted the consultation fee when I wasn't even sure I'd be accepted as a patient.

Thats right i would like to go and see him and see what he thinks but i really dont want to pay $400 to just say hi i think that lady needs a new job she not a people person. she did send me the kit so i have to go and do all this and then pay $400 to see him and maybe or maybe not will i go with him i think he charge to much.

I dunno...from my research, $13,000 is a fairly decent price for in Canada....