Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting over after 4 years ????

I was banded in 2008 in MX. I loved my dr and my band for the first few months. I had 2 fills and lost about 40lbs in like 4months. Then all of the drug wars started in MX and I didn't feel comfortable going back to get my fills. So for the next few years I maintained the weight that I lost. Last April I had an emergency appendectomy where they removed all of the Fluid in my band. I gained all of the weight I lost in like 3 months. I tried to get approval from my insurance to go to a fill dr. They denied it and said I would have to start from scratch and go to all the classes and clinics and blah blah blah. So I have been super depressed and gained even more weight. I kept telling myself to just call around and find a local Dr for months but I didn't. Last week I finally had enough with myself and I made a bunch of calls and found a dr near me that takes MX pt and accepts cash. So tomorrow is going to be the start of my new journey weightless journey. This time I am going to finish it.

Good for you!

Congratulations!! I was also banded in 2008. I lost over 130 lbs and in 2011 it slipped slightly. Over the course of a little less that 2 years I gained 100 lbs back. My band seems to have slipped back in place and I just started my journey again 2 weeks ago. I have that new band excitement again. We can do this. Keep us updated!

I was banded in 2008 in MX. I loved my dr and my band for the first few months. I had 2 fills and lost about 40lbs in like 4months. Then all of the drug wars started in MX and I didn't feel comfortable going back to get my fills. So for the next few years I maintained the weight that I lost. Last April I had an emergency appendectomy where they removed all of the Fluid in my band. I gained all of the weight I lost in like 3 months. I tried to get approval from my insurance to go to a fill dr. They denied it and said I would have to start from scratch and go to all the classes and clinics and blah blah blah. So I have been super depressed and gained even more weight. I kept telling myself to just call around and find a local Dr for months but I didn't. Last week I finally had enough with myself and I made a bunch of calls and found a dr near me that takes MX pt and accepts cash. So tomorrow is going to be the start of my new journey weightless journey. This time I am going to finish it.

I am going through the same thing. Just had my first fill in 2 years. I am starting over. This time its going to be different. Good Luck!

Good Luck!

How do you know when band has slipped? I was banded in 2007 and within a year I was at goal weight. In 2009 I had horrible reflux causing me to have unfills, gaining weight. Over the years I have gained back my weight~~I have not had the restriction I had before (when I was losing). I have a fill appointment on Monday and am hoping the doctor will give me a good fill. He tends to not fill me enough, I feel. Which I why I wonder if I have had a slip. I hope this works...I have tried dieting but it is tragic...I end up hungry and deprived. I loved the restricted feeling. It helped me make good choices and felt full. Good luck to you all on the new "do-over" journey. I will be right there with you!!!

My Surgeon did a barium swallow under fluroscopy. It showed a minor slip. The slip wasn't enough to cause medical problems so insurace wouldn't cover it. I spent about 8 months or so with no restriction at all. I recently went in and had a fill. It took a large fill for me to feel any restriction at all. So, he thinks that the time without vomiting or getting stuck at all allowed the band to slip back into the spot where it belonged. He can't say that for sure without another barium swallow under fluroscopy. But I figure why pay for the test when this seems to be working. Good luck!