Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friends and Enemies

I was shocked at work today. I was transferred to a new school this year. I had my surgery shortly before school started so all they know is that I have been working hard to lose weight, and have been successful. I turn down all the almost daily treats and Snacks. Anyway, I had the opportunity to return to my old position so today was my last day at the new school (hope this makes sense). For my going away presents they gave me unbelievably rich chocolates, boxes of candy, and ice cream cake! What the hell! I know they have pushed me, hard, to eat their garbage all year but that was really uncalled for. Especially having my special needs students serve me the cake. I mean, really folks! I'm giving the chocolates and boxed candy to my family, and had a tiny piece of ice cream cake. I was really concerned that it would make me violently ill since it was so rich, but I survived. I really just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening

Don't take it to personally! I would be very happy that they thought enough of me to do something. A cake is just a pretty standard thing to bring to work for people leaving, retiring, or any other celebrations! Don't think they were evil and trying to sabotage you! Sometimes when we are trying to stay away from something it seems like it is more in our face than it is! Kind of like when your dieting and all of a sudden it seems like every commercial is about your favorite foods, when in reality the commercials are being shown as much as before, we are just more sensitive and aware of it. They may not have been trying to shove junk at you, but just were being kind and offering it to you like they did to everyone! Or on the other hand I could be completely wrong and you could have been working with a bunch of B******! LOL

I agree with the previous poster. I am finding now that I watch so carefully what I eat I tend to jump on those who are trying to "sabotage" me even when they are not doing it consciously. When I had my psych eval before surgery he asked me who in my life would sabotage me purposely or not and I honestly didn't think anyone would. Boy was I wrong. You did the right thing just taking the small piece of ice cream cake and giving the rest of the sweets away. Well done!! Good luck in your new position.

Take it in good faith that they were nice. If they don't know about the band, they cannot be sensitive to it. They buy those treats so that they can have them anyway! LOL. I acknowledge your frustrations, but do not take it in a personal sabotage way!

I have told everyone in my family and my best friend about the lapband... my husband is a "feeder".. he's always feeding everyone.. of course he doesn't have a weight problem.. but some of his children do (previous marriage).. he has actually asked me if I wanted a donut the other day... lol I think out of habit.. he quickly corrected himself.. the other issue is I can't control everything he eats, he's a fried chicken, pork chop guy... so I told him if he wanted that he could cook it... I feel great.. I am feeling stronger everyday and you will run into sabotager's everywhere even in your own family... your co workers probably didn't realize that you had been banded, so their gestures were probably not meant to be rude just inconsiderate.....