Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my first "stuck":-( I was eating a piece of banana bread, I was able to walk it off, now I know what it feels like! Just got a one cc fill last week, put me at 8.5 in my 11 cc band, I think we might be getting somewhere........ I sure don't want to feel like that again, thank goodness I was at home. My little reminder, did its job:-) gonna go with soft stuff for a day or two.

Oddly enough, banana bread did it for me, too. I just had a fill last Thursday, stayed on liquids for a day and then for some reason decided to try a piece of banana bread. Bad, bad decision. I had problems with food getting stuck all weekend so I put myself back on liquids for a couple of days to settle things down. I feel much better today. :P

Does anyone have any tips for getting food "unstuck?"

getting food unstuck: I don't recommend this but this worked for me one night. I got stuck on broccoli one night and was stuck for 5 and half hrs, kept PB'ing, sliming and it just all wouldn't come up so I finally got on here about 2:30 a.m. and luckily someone on here suggested to take a small sip of Sprite that the fizz would unlodge the food and sure enough as soon as I did I threw it all up. That happened about 4 mos ago and needless to say I've not tried broccoli since...lol

getting food unstuck: I don't recommend this but this worked for me one night. I got stuck on broccoli one night and was stuck for 5 and half hrs, kept PB'ing, sliming and it just all wouldn't come up so I finally got on here about 2:30 a.m. and luckily someone on here suggested to take a small sip of Sprite that the fizz would unlodge the food and sure enough as soon as I did I threw it all up. That happened about 4 mos ago and needless to say I've not tried broccoli since...lol

You were stuck for 5 1/2 hours??? You must've been in agony! :( Thanks for the tip. My goal is to avoid getting anything stuck, but it's always good to have a backup plan. Dumb question...what is PB'ing? Peanut Buttering? lol

You were stuck for 5 1/2 hours??? You must've been in agony! :( Thanks for the tip. My goal is to avoid getting anything stuck, but it's always good to have a backup plan. Dumb question...what is PB'ing? Peanut Buttering? lol

PB'ing is also known as Productive Burp where you bring food up without effort, almost like throwing up but without force of gagging. Of course when I get stuck I salivate excessively, then comes the slime I spit out and then the Productive Burping of food and then finally I will throw it all up. And yes I was in agony over the broccoli and thank God that night I got on here and some guy was online and he bless his heart responded to me and gave me the tip to do that. Getting stuck is NO fun. Here 7 mos out and I am still learning to eat. I got stuck one day last week on chicken. Normally I can eat chicken, I ate it today, no prob, but last week, didn't work for me. Just remember to take tee tiny bites, the size of your pinky finger nail and chew like there's no tomorrow.

Just remember to take tee tiny bites, the size of your pinky finger nail and chew like there's no tomorrow.

I always remember to take small bites about three bites into my meal and by then it's too late. lol Every day is a learning experience.

Yes Kristen, I'm still learning what I can and cannot eat and some days I can eat chicken and some days not, go figure. Most times I can eat it. Early on I got stuck on scrambled eggs but now 7 mos out I can eat them, hm, don't know why, only maybe I was taking too big of bites early on and learning to eat.