Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am now 9 days post-op and am starting to feel hungry. After surgery, I felt full just from drinking a cup of coffee but over the last two days have noticed that I don't feel full anymore. I'm on a full Fluid diet which includes frozen yogurt and pudding (both fat-free/sugar-free), lite ricotta cheese, Protein Shakes, pureed Soups, and skim milk.

I don't know what size inamed band I have but the swelling has come way down even though it's still very tender by the port and badly bruised. Is it normal to be hungry at this stage of the game? I'm following the diet which allows 650 cal/day After 2 weeks post-op, I move to soft foods for 3 weeks at 850 cal/day.

Could it be the decreased swelling that has taken away the full feeling? I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you. :help:

yes, and that you body is adjusting to the band, I know I went through the same thing as I am sure many others have.

no worries, you just have to have lots of self control untill you get your first fill (4 to 6 weeks)

Thank you for responding, Vegas. It felt so strange to go from feeling full all the time to not feeling full at all.

I didn't have a post-op maximum caloric intake. They told me that the first 4 - 6 weeks was about healing and not about weight loss. The weight loss begins after your first fill. Even without a fill I've lost over 20 lbs so far.

If you're hungry, I'd recommend you increase your Protein a bit and not be so worried about the calories. Disclaimer: This doesn't mean I recommend a bowl of ice cream or a milkshake! LOL

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

650 cal/day.........850 cal/day?! It's no wonder you're hungry. Normal bandster diet is 1200-1500 cal/day. Some don't lose at the higher end, so they keep to the lower end. Man..........who told you that? And why would they have told you such a low caloric intake when your body needs to heal post operatively? :)

When I was first post op, I was physically unable to get 1200 calories in. I remember being happy getting in 800 cal, but that was because I felt full all the time......not because somebody told me to restrict my caloric intake. In fact, my dietician told me during the first two weeks to focus on healing and whatever I get in, I get in. At that point, I was eating about 5 or 6 small meals a day.

With such a low intake, you may put your body into starvation mode and sabotage your metabolism, aka: weightloss. Kick it up a notch. Choose healthy foods, but don't be afraid to eat. If you're hungry, eat as long as it's within your doctor's consistency recommendations. At 9 days, full liquids seems appropriate. And remember, those that are liquid pass through the band without much resistance so you won't feel much satisfaction from them. Go with some substance. The yogurts, puddings, ricotta cheese.

Good Luck,

Hi Diedre

The dietician that had to meet with at my surgeon's office went over the post-op eating regime and provided me with a booklet of what to eat that even contained sample weekly menus. I looked at the one week pre-op and two week post-op full Fluid diet that includes 60 g Protein a day and made a comment that 650 calories seemed too low for someone my weight. She countered and told me that the shakes provide the nutrients and Protein and that weeks 1-2 were 650 cals. This increased to 850 cals for weeks 3-5 (soft diet) and then went to 1000-1100 cals for solids on week 6.

Donna - An icecream shake sounds wonderful. LOL. Thankfully, I found EDYs fat-free/sugar-free frozen yogurt. Four ounces has 100 cals and it's delicious (praline and cream flavor is to die for).

Thank you all for your advice. I actually live for my 4 oz of lite ricotta cheese every day. LOL.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches