Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop Gaining Weight!

I am one year post op and am gaining weight. Too much evening snacking and love of sweets. Looking for help to break this cycle or turn it into something healthy. Fortunately, I also do like popcorn and apples. I will try to start keeping low carb Snacks on hand and less 'diet' candybars!

For me tracking my calorie intake works great. I use myfitnesspal. I go ahead at the start of the day and enter my Breakfast, what will have for lunch and what I will fix for dinner, I enter 1 or 2 Snacks in and see what my calorie count is at. Some times it is well below my 1200 calories, sometimes above - if it's above I mike chages to get it there.

Also physcial activity helps even if it's just walking.

In my experience, eating carbs leads to craving more carbs...and only you can make the decision to change what you have known to be a poor choice in eating patterns.

If you're like me, you live with someone who is a normal weight, and does not want to give up all of his Snacks...I even laughed when I discovered his stash of chips in the trunk of his car. So temptations will be there.

It's up to you to refocus yourself on some of your initial goals for weight loss. It's a choice to give into eating those carbs; challenge yourself to break the carb habit.

I was addicted to carbs, and your brain does need them to function, however now I only allow myself to have the carbs which occur naturally in fresh fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.

For me, exercise makes the difference between loosing weight and seeing the scale remain stuck. You did not mention if you are exercising on a regular basis...I've used exercise to distract myself from eating things which are not allowed on my diet.

Sojo and others gave you some great advise. Nighttime snacking is one of my hurdles. I snack out of boardom. If I watch tv I feel I need to eat, plus the commercials don't help. So, I try to do other things instead of tv. I exercise, go in my sewing room and sew, get on LBT, you get the idea. This works for me most of the times.

When I do need sweets I eat a Protein shake popsicle (premade chocolate Protein Shake poured into popsicle mold & freeze, makes 6 popsicles) or I just discovered Yasso frozen greek yogurt bars, come in strawberry, raspberry & blueberry, all are yummy. These Snacks have the Protein we need plus they are sweet.

Good luck, I know you can do this!