Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Springer Here!!!

azhoselady
Sign in to follow this  

Hello All,

I am all set for my surgery on May 18th. I am a private pay so I have gone through this process pretty fast. Unfortunately my insurance has no coverage for Bariatrics so this was the only way to get the surgery. I start my liquid diet on May 8th. I am trying to prepare myself and I am really looking forward to this. I am done being tired and slugish. I don't like snoring and not liking how I look in clothes. I use to wonder how people wouldn't realize they were getting fat and stop it. Here I am 60lbs overweight and I get it. Tired of all the yo-yo diets. Ready to make a life long change... Hope to talk to all of you soon!

Hello All,

I am all set for my surgery on May 18th. I am a private pay so I have gone through this process pretty fast. Unfortunately my insurance has no coverage for Bariatrics so this was the only way to get the surgery. I start my liquid diet on May 8th. I am trying to prepare myself and I am really looking forward to this. I am done being tired and slugish. I don't like snoring and not liking how I look in clothes. I use to wonder how people wouldn't realize they were getting fat and stop it. Here I am 60lbs overweight and I get it. Tired of all the yo-yo diets. Ready to make a life long change... Hope to talk to all of you soon!

azehoselady... good on you for moving on this one and not leaving it any longer. i waited until i was 90 pounds overweight and a lot of health issues before i saw what i had to do. You will do well.... its so good that the whole pre op process moved quickly for you. it did for me as well. i liked it that way. keep us posted.

Hi Judych, Thank you for your reply... When do you have your surgery? How are you doing so far?

Good luck to you! I will be banded on the 23rd and have been on the pre-op diet for 8 days....you will find tons of good info and support here!

Thanks Everyone for your comments! Good for you Guru to not give up! PS I LOVE John Wooden, the best Coach EVER!!!! Megan are you getting excited? My date still seems like so far out but its only a month! How is your liquid diet going?

PS I LOVE John Wooden, the best Coach EVER!!!!

I don't follow sports much, but I LOVE his words of wisdom!

I enjoyed reading your introduction---and your photo is beautiful!

Elizabeth thank you for your compliment of my photo... Amazing what we look like with a professional makeup artist, hairstylist and photographer! You are right Coach Wooden left us some amazing words of inspirations! I really appreciate all of you sharing tips and ideas. I haven't researched this as much I would normally for something like this...But my fear of my health has motivated me to move quickly.

Hi Judych, Thank you for your reply... When do you have your surgery? How are you doing so far?

hi there.... im now post op. im nearly four weeks now. not having a good day today probably the worst ive had so far. i had a huge day yesterday in the city , drove both ways, four hours driving nearly... had to shop coming home, got home later, had to unpack and cook tea. you know the drill. today im just washed out... not good at all. I did see my nutritionalist yesterday for the first time though and it was very interesting. She explained very clearly why it is that we have to wait in between mouthfuls. not just masticating the food well but there is a rythmic rythym that goes on even in the eosophagas. very interesting. got lots of info, good recipes and bought a book for lapbanders with great recipes in it.

Apart from all that... i was over tired, watched movies until the early hours because i couldnt sleep. Then a busy day today as well.... i hope im feeling a lot better tomorrow. this sucks.

Judy I get tired too. Remember you did have surgery and it takes time.

Also, thanks for the reminder to slow down. Would love to know what the book is you bought? Maybe we can find it on Amazon or ebay?

hi...

Judy I get tired too. Remember you did have surgery and it takes time.

Also, thanks for the reminder to slow down. Would love to know what the book is you bought? Maybe we can find it on Amazon or ebay?

thanks scorpiolady for the encouragement. i cant always talk to my hubbie the way i can here, he doesnt understand. Yes, i tend to forget about the surgery. i have to be kinder to my body i think. i forget im 66.

i did post about my visit with the nutritionalist. the book i bought was...""knife, Fork and Band "".. by Sally johnston. its got over 100 recipes and other info to help specifically on the lapband journey, and its a beautifully bound book. The recipes, from what ive seen are very down to earth.. just the way i like it. Also, the recipes are great for all the family, i hate having to do two separate meals at the moment.. or at least prepare them differently.

i dont know about you but im getting increasing cross with the huge plate fulls that the family are woofing through before i even get down to start my little bowl. Does anyone else have this??

Ive only had coffee so far this morning... its just after 9am.. and i have a touch of pain back in my shoulder again. its not indigestion, unless i had too much coffee?? what do you think??

It really annoys me when my husband and son scarf down their food, and then my husband gets up and leaves. Hello! Want to spend time together as a family? How about you feed the baby so I can eat? My son just sits there because I won't excuse him from the table until we have had a conversation. At least that's something. I wonder if my husband even tastes his food.....

It really annoys me when my husband and son scarf down their food, and then my husband gets up and leaves. Hello! Want to spend time together as a family? How about you feed the baby so I can eat? My son just sits there because I won't excuse him from the table until we have had a conversation. At least that's something. I wonder if my husband even tastes his food.....

i know what you mean. ive tried not to be picky with it all... after all, its me that has the lapband not my family, but it sure does show up the bad eating habits that we all develop. boy... does it what !! i dont think my hubbie even chews five times each mouthful he is in such a hurry. no wonder he has such indigestion. This has been areal eye opener for me.

i agree with you. its family time and it should be a leisurely time of relaxing together. Especially with the evening meal... usually there isnt anything else going on at that point. nothing that cant wait anyway. Keep persisting with your son. Have you said anything to your hubbie about it?

My hubbie just gets up from the table and starts running Water in the sink to wash up as if EVERYONE has finished. grrrr... im goign to have to deal with him over this one. I almost feel like i should be eating my meal before my family even sit down. its not a nice thought. i dont want to be isolated .

I haven't said anything to him yet, but I will. Today was my first day of regular food, We will see how it goes. When my husband got up from the table he started cleaning up and asking me to put papers away... Acting like everyone should be done since he is. I just said " I'll be happy to take care of papers AFTER I'm done eating. I should be allowed this time to eat undisturbed by chores" he looked at me funny and then said "ok". I'm glad I stuck up for myself though.

My son isn't allowed to leave the table until he's excused. It's always been that way. My husband wasn't raised with any sort of table manners, so I cut him some slack and teach him slowly. He is SO much better than when I met him. That sounded really snobby. It wasn't meant that way.

I haven't said anything to him yet, but I will. Today was my first day of regular food, We will see how it goes. When my husband got up from the table he started cleaning up and asking me to put papers away... Acting like everyone should be done since he is. I just said " I'll be happy to take care of papers AFTER I'm done eating. I should be allowed this time to eat undisturbed by chores" he looked at me funny and then said "ok". I'm glad I stuck up for myself though.

My son isn't allowed to leave the table until he's excused. It's always been that way. My husband wasn't raised with any sort of table manners, so I cut him some slack and teach him slowly. He is SO much better than when I met him. That sounded really snobby. It wasn't meant that way.

no.. it didnt sound snobby at all. Dont make the mistake of just letting him go. The older they get the more entrenched they are. my husband was bought up with really bad table manners as well.

How long does it take you to eat your meal now you are having solids again? Its taking me about forty minutes minimum at the moment.