Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Would Love A Mentor :)

Hi Im an Irish 24year old female. Im banded just over two months and my weight has fluctuated between a 20lb loss to an 11lb loss (9lb gain :( ) i have 5cc in a ten cc band. I currently weigh 267lbs and would love a mentor who started similar to me. My goal is about 140-150. Seems like a huge mountain to climb and would love some motivation from someone who has done it. Really hope to hear from someone :)

Hello,

I've not been around much lately. I apologize for not staying in touch., I had Gastric Plication in MX on April 2, I've lost 16 lbs. I'm thrilled. I feel better than I've felt in a long time.

Please feel free to email me gaynor.debra@att.net. I'm much better at answering email than getting on a board.

debra

Oh wow that's really good and quick! Im not really aware what plication is?

I also must add, for anyone that's wary of being my mentor because they may think i lack the will power etc. I lost 112lbs on my own a few years ago, through bad choices, pregnancy, my mothers death and no exercise i regained it.

So i do have the will power once i get my head in the game :)

Obese Irish girl, free to good home :)

Hey we can do this together. Plication is where they fold you stomach and suture it so that you have a tube of about 25%.

Email me at any time

I will be happy to help you in any way. i lost 89 lbs in 15 months. I have the lapband 2years 2 month now. I am 64 years old now. I am a co leader in 2 groups. I have been asked for help many times.

Will love to be your mentor. ilene lizybird@aol.com.... one thing. I do not like peole who cheat. They are only cheating themselves. not me. I am thin now.....I am straight and narrow and talk and think that way. I will be there for you if you want me too. it is up to you. I live in florida.

Hi Pixie. I'm quite new to the band part of my weightloss journey and had my band 29th March. Initially I was doing well, am still finding it hard to have the amount of recommended fluids tho but my literature from the hospital tells me everyone's requirements are different. I've had a number of wobbles along the way and my dietician told me it's all part of the process. She says it's not cheating ( as cheating is achieving something without following the 'rules' ) when you give in to having something,it's more like a 'stall' and to think of it this way... many of us are lifelong dieters so how can we expect to brake habits in such a short time without a few blips along the way? Changing eating habits will lead to your tastes in foods changing/adapting too. At the moment I adore mushy peas lol.

I'm not brilliant at eating in the morning but do go to bed late so I've found drinking mugs of tea in a morning is adequate and my 3 meals a day begin at lunchtime. Having my monthly 'munchies'/craving week and infrequent BM's don't help but I'm now more focused and am still counting my calories. My first fill is May 5th and am expecting 1ml to take me to 5 (had 4 put in at time of surgery) and my second will be May 31st.

Good luck with your journey and thanks for sharing the Burroca tip :)

Hello, I'd like to assist you too. I lost or like I tell everyone got rid (because when you lose something you find it and when you get rid of something it does not come back ) of over 160lbs in 2 1/2 years. this coming July will mark my 3 years since having lapband surgery. I have reached the weight goal I've set for myself. Please feel free in contacting me :)

Hey much the same I was at 268...I'm in my forties. Congratulations u are doing awesome!!!!

It is a hill but try to enjoy the climb and the descent, and the rough road, smooth paths along the way as you will have many more. You will be amazed how fast time will go by and before you know it....size 24 to 14 ( finally there) but more to go!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches