Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fitbit Premium Anyone?

Just wondering if anyone bought FitBit's Premium plan and if so, do you like it?

I bought it, and I love it - but I'm a sucker for technology. The main thing I like is that I can download all my info, and add all kinds of insane statistics to it. I take the reports I create from the download to my surgeon every month to show him exactly what I'm doing. He doesn't really pay much attention to it, but he gets a kick out of it, and he at least knows I'm trying and I'm committed. The other thing I really like about it is the food report. It gives you a pretty picture in the form of a pie chart which breaks out Proteins, fats, and carbs for the week. It's a good way to see what you need to change.

The other stuff on the premium site are more for comparisons to the "average" fitbit user - so they don't provide anything really specific to push you into anything different. I supposed if you were less than average it could motivate you - but otherwise I don't find a lot of value in them.

I bought it and LOVE it as well! My favorite parts are the trainer and comparison charts! Plus they just came out with an Android app ... so cool!!

I should of clairfied my question. I have the fitbit,{ or shall I say, did have, but think I lost it this afternoon and am very upset about} and love it but was wondering if it was worth the extra money to buy the premium feature. Skkcs, you have it and use the trainer feature? I love everything about the fitbit but wasn't sure if I should go and buy the premium feature for the year. Hoping I find my fitbit,{ my BFF} in the laundry basket when I do the laundry in the a.m.

I should of clairfied my question. I have the fitbit,{ or shall I say, did have, but think I lost it this afternoon and am very upset about} and love it but was wondering if it was worth the extra money to buy the premium feature. Skkcs, you have it and use the trainer feature? I love everything about the fitbit but wasn't sure if I should go and buy the premium feature for the year. Hoping I find my fitbit,{ my BFF} in the laundry basket when I do the laundry in the a.m.

Hi Merideth,

No - you were very clear ... I was just so excited when I saw "fitbit" that I stopped reading the rest of your post! :)

I did buy the premium service and think it's a steal for only $50 for the year! It might be a bit hokey, but I love the benchmarking stuff - I had no idea I was so sedentary compared to everyone else (so sad!). Pugsx3 mentioned the food chart and that's great too. I am actively trying to increase my Protein to the right % (which I never even knew before now!). By far my favorite part is the trainer though ... it doesn't tell me anything I don't already know, but I like having it set goals for me anyway! I haven't used the Export piece, but I like the idea of bringing a report to my doctor to see what he says!

While it's definitely not necessary, I'm really glad I signed up! And I think if we add each other as friends we can compare results with each other too - my email is shanda1816@msn.com if you want to add me! :)

Good luck finding your tracker! I lost my clip-thingie a week ago and didn't wear it for a few days and have been wearing my tracker on a lanyard around my neck - not so pretty!

Shanda, you are too funny. I feel the same way about my BFF, the fitbit. I finally found it in the pocket of my robe where I left it before taking my shower but forgot I left it in there. Yeah! The Fitbit is my world. My DH doesn't understand the extent of my love for the fitbit as he mentioned to me this morning. He bought one but it's still in the package with the receipt. Don't think he's going to get into it. It's like music to me. I lived near the ocean and would powerwalk the boardwalk for exercise with my cassette and earphones. Once I forgot to check the batteries and half way through my walk to Thriller, it died on me. I was paralyzed! I couldn't do the walk without my music and had to walk home without finishing. Never again did I do that. Like my music, I was lost without my fitbit last night. I know, a little dramatic but you get the point. Thank you for the advise on the on the premium feature. Might have to look into that.

I've had my FB for about a month, but I just signed up for Premium after reading this post! I'm already engrossed in all the reports!!

Thanks Brandi, I guess I better get on it and sign up for it too.

Hey Guys!

I wanted to let you know I joined the "We Love Fitbit" community group and it's great! Every week they come up with a new challenge for the Fitbit ... this week it's to add a friend so you should log in and check it out! : )

Meredith - let us know if you decide to try the Premium and what you think!

- s

Ack! Apparently I'm slow. skkcs, where is that group? I can't find it. :mellow:

Hi Everyone- So I have been debating the fitbit, but I want it so I know how many calories I'm burning when working out/walking etc.

I want to mention a really awesome website I use to track all my food intake, weight loss, body measurments, exercise goals, etc.......and it FREE....it's nutrimirror.com and I love this website!! I'm kind of addicted too :). You can set exercise goals track the amount of min/calories per exercise. It's just a really wonderful, free site. Thought I'd share that.

www.nutrimirror.com

So back to my question about Fitbit. How does everyone feel about the calories tracking part of it? DO you think it's acurate? I've read some not so good reviews about their customer service and if/when you have a problem with it it's very hard to have it addressed. Any experiences with this?

Ack! Apparently I'm slow. skkcs, where is that group? I can't find it. :mellow:

Hi Brandi,

I thought it was on everyone's "Community" page but it looks like you have to send an email and ask to join their Facebook or "We Love FitBit" group because it's beta.

I sent an email to welovefitbit@fitbit.com asking to join their group and then it just appeared!

Let me know if you are able to see the group and what your username is (I think mine is shanda1816) and we can be "friends" :)

I just wish it were Water proof so water therapy could be tracked

Hi Everyone- So I have been debating the fitbit, but I want it so I know how many calories I'm burning when working out/walking etc.

I want to mention a really awesome website I use to track all my food intake, weight loss, body measurments, exercise goals, etc.......and it FREE....it's nutrimirror.com and I love this website!! I'm kind of addicted too :). You can set exercise goals track the amount of min/calories per exercise. It's just a really wonderful, free site. Thought I'd share that.

www.nutrimirror.com

So back to my question about Fitbit. How does everyone feel about the calories tracking part of it? DO you think it's acurate? I've read some not so good reviews about their customer service and if/when you have a problem with it it's very hard to have it addressed. Any experiences with this?

Thanks for that website - I'm going to go check it out! Do you know if they have any Android apps? I always "forget" to do the work on a computer and it's so much easier for me to log things from my phone!

I'm sure the calories tracking piece isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than anything I could do on my own! FitBit's site and app will show you calories in vs. calories out for the day which I find really interesting. But I also don't really count my calories in/out specifically - I just like knowing if I'm in the "green" (more out than in) or in the "red" (more in than out) ...

I haven't had any interactions with customer service issues, but I know when I asked to join their FB group they were very responsive and are always posting updates on the forum and the FB page. I'm not sure about issues though??

Let us know if you decide to check it out and what you think!

- s

Thanks for that website - I'm going to go check it out! Do you know if they have any Android apps? I always "forget" to do the work on a computer and it's so much easier for me to log things from my phone!

I'm sure the calories tracking piece isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than anything I could do on my own! FitBit's site and app will show you calories in vs. calories out for the day which I find really interesting. But I also don't really count my calories in/out specifically - I just like knowing if I'm in the "green" (more out than in) or in the "red" (more in than out) ...

I haven't had any interactions with customer service issues, but I know when I asked to join their FB group they were very responsive and are always posting updates on the forum and the FB page. I'm not sure about issues though??

Let us know if you decide to check it out and what you think!

- s

I'm not sure if there is an app or not. I log on with my Ipad but don't have an app for it...Nutrimirror has the same red and green status too.