Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Started There Pre-Op?

How is it going??

I'm getting banded on the 6th biggrin.png I work in the hospital that I'm getting banded in so I picked up my shakes ( optifast) last night. 3 cases and some bars ( I'm allowed to have some bars before surgery) I will be starting my shakes on Wednesday. I pray I don't faint!!

Started Optifast today.. I'm not sure how I will make it for the next 12 days then again post op. I found putting it in the blender with ice helped a lot but if this is all I can have for the next 12 days I better lose a lot! ;) Good luck everyone!!

My doctor dosn't require a liquid diet, but a 700 calorie per day diet. I don't know why doctors are different in this area. I'm scheduled March 22 but still have to get the final approval from insurance. Good luck to you both!!

My surgery is on March 6th as well:) I am been on my pre-op diet for 6 days now and it has been rough!! I know it will be worth it in the end, but my goodness this has been the toughest thing I have ever had to do I think. I consider myself luck as I have Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch, then a Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine for dinner. I can also have 2 servings of fruit a day and a serving of sherbert. That sounds like a lot but I am really struggling. I've lost 10 pounds in those 6 days though, so tht is what is getting me through, oh and keeping VERY busy!! Best of luck to you. We will have to stay in touch since we have the same day surgery!

I have been doing a low-fat diet with some leniency on the weekends for the past two weeks. My surgery is March 20, so I will start a pseudo liquid diet the 14th that will mirror post-op diet. Protein shakes, non-chunky yogurt, non-chunky Soups, SF Jello, SF popsicles.

I am so excited to get my surgery! I feel like I've been waiting forever :)

I am starting my Pre-Op diet tomorrow. I have to drink two Protein Shakes a day and a have a low carb/high Protein half portion lunch and dinner. I go the Atkins protein shakes. My doc said to stay away from Slim Fast and a few others.