Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Red Zone?

I need help! I got another fill on Monday, which brings me to a 7.3 in a 10 cc band. I felt fine after the fill, the Water went down all day no problem. For lunch that day I ate some Soup went down fine but when dinner time rolled around, I tried to drink a Protein shake and it was a no-go, got stuck and came right back up. Tuesday morning had coffee just fine, then for lunch tried to eat baked potato, no-go puked my guts out! I backed off again then for dinner tried the Soup thing again and could not keep it down, but for some strange reason I was able to eat potato chips and keep them down? I usually don't eat them but by that time I was hungry. This morning was the worst, couldn't even get coffee down but Water goes down fine. I'm not sure if I should give it a couple more days because it's a new fill to see if maybe there is swelling or if I'm too tight alltogether and need a slight unfill??? I have a call in to the clinic but it's 2 hours away so if any of you have any suggestions that can help, it would be great!

Thanks

Sounds like you may be too tight ... Maybe you should go to the store and by some Isopure (a clear protien drink) just so you can still get some protien into your system ... Call your dr for sure though !!! And maybe if it is just swelling you could eat a popcycle to help relieve that swelling ??? Its just a thought.

Good luck to you =0)

First, it is between you and your Dr.

Second, you sound like you're all over the place, inconsistant.

Water but not coffee? What else for Breakfast? Baked potatoe...for me, NEVER in one year! Having trouble right after fill with shake could be inflammation, which your dr should warn you about. That's why liquids.

Potatoe chips, have never had a problem in a year...that's why they're not in my house!

Again, between you and your Dr. If it was me I would slow it down, eat safe foods with no drinking, eat slowly, and take note time of day my band is tighter than others, which it is.

Thanks guys, well lunch today went a little better. I had clear broth it went down fine. So I'm thinking maybe it's still a little inflamed from the fill.

I typically cannot eat Breakfast, too tight in the morning so I just have coffee.

I have been able to eat baked potatoes just fine, had surgery back in Aug 2011. I normally do not eat potato chips but I was so hungry by dinner time yesterday I was willing to try and felt better afterward. I usually workout extremely hard and was starting to get light headed so I needed some type of food in my system since the Protein shake didn't work.

Thank you both for responding, I'm so glad I'm feeling better. Still waiting on the Nurse to call me back to see what her suggestions are.

I got a fill January 26, 2011 everything was A o.k until Sunday February 5 i couldn't keep anything down not even Water call my dr he checked it under x-ray too tight he taken out 1/2 of what he put in everything is great now.

Good luck to you

I cannot eat breakfast either. Could not for over 6 months now. But I are a smoothie with fruit and a powder Protein base and Water, and add a Protein supplement.

I leave the house after having 40 gm of protein or breakfast. Get's me thru the day!

Sounds to me that you may be a bit tight. Something similar happened to me at my last fill last month. I got .5 cc and was able to drink Water fine all day until night time, after that nothing not even Water would stay in. Went to the doctor and took out .25 and was able to at least drink liquids. I'm glad you're doing better. I lost 5 lbs in 2 days cuz nothing would stay in. Now I'm scared to get a fill.

43 lbs lost (too lazy to put my ticker up)

its happen to me like that too. stay on liquids for a few days. and then start on purre in 3 days... ive read that it can take up to 2 weeks to get better?

i just had 1cc added today about 30minutes ago. and so far i have drank 8oz of Water, it stayed ok.

but for some reason in the past i made mistakes in eating chicken Soup and it went down ok but the following day my band was so tight i had to go on liquids for a week. the doctor got on me cause i was suppose to stay on liquids right after a fill. I didnt know! lol... i learned the hard way! hang in there..

Banane36.gif

i can never eat breakfast. unless i have no restrictions then i can eat in the morning;.. but i gained weight when i started eating in the morning.

Just a little update guys, so I ended up in the Emergency Room the very next day after this post! I was completely dehydrated and found out I was also losing excessive amounts of blood (sorry for the graphics, I was on my cycle) anywho, I had to get 5 pints of blood, tons of fluids and they even had to come remove all the Fluid out of my band!!! I was so upset and stressed out but I knew I had to do what was best for my health at the time. Well needless to say I'm out of the hospital now and feeling so much better with one big exception! I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FLUID IN MY BAND!!!!!! I have been struggling so hard this past week trying to watch eveything I eat and drink because anything will do down, I'm stressed because I will now have to have a Hysterectomy in March and will not be able to get a fill or exercise until 6 weeks after my surgery! I am so discouraged right now, I mean if I had the will power to do it on my own to begin with I wouldn't have had the surgery and spent all the money I did to have it!!! I need some encouragement, advice, ANYTHING! I do not want to gain one pound back, I've come so far at my 50 pound mark and don't know what to do!!!

Oh my gosh, so sorry to hear that! I'm glad you're okay, they won't give you a fill in the meantime between now and your surgery? I had my gall bladder taken out and they didn't unfill me at all.

Hang in there, stay on this board for support we are all here for you!

Good news on the hysterectomy - I had one last year and it is fantastic. It is amazing how different you feel when you are not suffering from heavy blood loss that can last up to 2 months at a time.

Sorry that you are unfilled. I never had any Fluid taken out for surgery and came through fine (except they kept bringing me sandwiches in hospital as that was their definition of a light diet so I got really hungry).

You may not be able to exercise after surgery but there is nothing to stop you walking. That is really good for you and doesn't strain or endanger anything.

Take up a hobby. The last thing that you want to do if you are lying around the house feeling sorry for yourself is eat so it is best to do something that keeps your hands busy. Sew, scrap,knit,paint whatever.

You are soon going to be feeling great.

Thank you guys, I am looking forward to the surgery but hate that I have to fight all these food issues again. I was doing really good and now I'm just worried I will go back to my old ways!! YIKES!

As far as getting filled again before surgery, my Dr. suggested I just go ahead and keep the Fluid out until after to ensure everything is ok for after surgery and if I need to take any type of medication that cannot be taken by I.V. they want me to be able to swallow it? IDK. I'm just scared, that's all. Again, thanks for the support.

I am at restriction and can swallow pills. The only thing I would have trouble with is really big pills. After all food goes down why wouldn’t medication?

I second about walking for exercise. Also I was allowed to resume swimming 2 weeks post op. I would speak with your gyno about whether you could swim a couple weeks post op. Esp. if they do the surgery vaginally.

Had a fill on Thursday,1cc, felt fine, Friday could not keep much down, not even Water, tried to drink my Protein Shakes and they would not go down, Saturday still getting stuck with fluids, Sunday tried some Soup, barley could get it down, Sunday night constanly throwing up, at night acid reflux, misable, felt like I was dyning. Went to doctor on Monday, first patient in office, they removed 1.5cc, I was swollen, and in pain, this is the worst fill, i ever got, they did a scope to make sure my band had not slipped, I feel so much better today, they told me to stay on liquids for a few days, it is so funny I wanted restriction and I got it too much, but if ever in doubt if you are in the red zone, and it don't feel right go to the doctor, this site helped me make that decsion, because I was going to wait it out, and from the scope they say I am still very tight and have a lot of irritation, I go back in two weeks unless I have problems, they told me not to hesitate to come back in, the staff is the best, thank god, for the good doctors and nurses and PA at Memorial Health in Savannah Georgia, and thank you guys for the good advice.