Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain In Right Side - Not Appendix Or Gallbladder

I have a sharp pain in my right side around where my liver is, but it's not my appendix or gallbladder. It is a constant problem, and feels like it's burning, stinging, and almost hot inside. The pain started approx. 5 days after I had all my fill removed because acid reflux got so bad it came up my nose. My general dr. did an egd test and found gastritis and a polyp that isn't cancerous. I have evidently had gastritis for several years because the last egd test I had the dr could not finish because my stomach was too inflamed (not to mention my horrible gag reflex). So this is what makes me feel like the pain is not from gastritis. My dr. put me on dexilant, but I've been on it for 2 weeks and nothing has changed.

Does anybody have gastritis, and if so, is this what the pain is supposed to feel like? I just feel like it's too much of a coincidence that the pain started right after I had the fill removed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just got banded and as soon as milk of magnesia did its majic all that pain went away, could you be constipated,? Going every day does NOt always mean you are not. If not, Dr may need to do xray or upper GI

Hello, so sorry about your complications, I know exactally what you are talking about, but for me it always happens the next day after I have an adjustment ( I have had 11 of them) happens almost every time, seems like if they have troubles with the port it happen more so, I have also wonder if it is the fill Fluid that has escaped out of the port when they pulled the needle out ....it hurts so bad that is is hard to stand upright and the burning makes you feel like something is fixing to burst, usally last about 3 to 10 days i have been sitting here and it just instantly goes away. (very weird) I called my dr and they said it wasnt normal and wanted me to come in, but I wasnt able to and it just went away. it has been almost 2 months since i have had an adjustment and have not had it happen again. hope yours gets better!

I appreciate both of your responses. My Dr. seems to think that the tubing is laying beside my liver and might be causing some irritation. He has admitted that he is stumped about why the pain is occurring, but will let me know what he thinks after he gets all the test results from other Dr.'s.