Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brachioplasty...first PS for me!!!

Well.....my brachioplasty is scheduled for November 14th at 7AM!! WOOHOO! Getting nervous. I wanted to share the journey with you all. I am posting up today preop pix! Dr. Urquehart in Anniston, AL is doing my surgery. Total cost for me: $3400! Not too bad considering his standard cost is $3600!!! Oh and did I mention that I get 3 free laser treatments to my scars!!! WOOHOO!!!!

armsbefore.jpg

This is what my arms look like now.....

armsafter.jpg

This is what he said they should look like after surgery...we shall see!!!!

Best of luck to you! I can't wait to hear about your experience with this. I know I will need it eventually (can't wait to get to that point!), and my BFF has been talking about it for herself. She lost a ton of weight on her own (from a size 22 to 8), and now has the crazy batwings as a result. She wears sleeves all the time in public, which will make me sad LOL

Wow...that seems so affordable! Does that include everything? How long does it take? Can't wait to see the after and hear all about it.

The surgery should take no more than 1.5hrs is what he told me. $3400 covers everything. I wont pay him another penny. Now I did pay $50 consultation fee up front but I already knew for sure that I was going to let Dr. U do the surgery! I will keep you posted for sure! Just say a little prayer Im getting nervous lol.

That is not bad. So the scars will be long? I seen on the internet they do it in the armpit.

My scar will actually be from above my elbow into my arm pit. But the only way it will be seen is if I raise my arms. But when I raise my arms now you see my bat wings lol. I think the scar will diminish greatly espeically with some laser treatements. You can barely see my scars on my belly or the one I have from an injury on my leg.

Let me know. I have to tell you that this has inspired me. I always hated my arms only last year did I start wearing tanks and I have big arms (like the size of kids legs lol) Anyway I am pre-op but being on here has actually put the idea in my head that I could possibly have a new body in a couple years. I came into this just wanting to lose weight but now the possibility of having my tummy done (through insurance) and finding out how affordable this is makes me hopeful. Of course if my skin bounces back I prefer not to go under the knife. But as my supportive husband says...when you get skinny you will want it all and why not. :) Now I started to look about scarless ways to lift my boobs lol. I really don't want inplants but I can use a lift. LOL

Please keep us posted about your recovery, how far is Anniston from Birmingham? Thats over a thousand cheaper than the drs on my area. That would be about 3 hrs away though.

SVM where do you live? Anniston is about a hour east of Birmingham. I went to Birmingham for consultations as well and the price was double!!

Let me know. I have to tell you that this has inspired me. I always hated my arms only last year did I start wearing tanks and I have big arms (like the size of kids legs lol) Anyway I am pre-op but being on here has actually put the idea in my head that I could possibly have a new body in a couple years. I came into this just wanting to lose weight but now the possibility of having my tummy done (through insurance) and finding out how affordable this is makes me hopeful. Of course if my skin bounces back I prefer not to go under the knife. But as my supportive husband says...when you get skinny you will want it all and why not. :) Now I started to look about scarless ways to lift my boobs lol. I really don't want inplants but I can use a lift. LOL

I have always hated my arms too! I even went out and bought me a REALLY cute tank top for next summer in anticipation of this surgery!!! hehehehe! You can do anything you want skinny!!!!

I live in Hattiesburg, MS but the drive would be about 2.5 hrs I think. A thousand or so less may be worth it. How many follow up visits will you have?

Here it runs about $4850 and in Slidell LA about $5800.

WOW! That is expensive!!! The initial consultation was $50. The surgery for me is $3400 however I think the rate went up to $3600 recently. You have 1 follow up 2 weeks after. the stitches are disolvable except for 2. HOWEVER you may be able to work it out to where he will let someone near you remove them. You could easily go to like an Urgent Care near you and let a nurse practitioner there remove the 2 stitches. If you have family near here it would probably be beneficial for you to stay nearby. Even if you stayed in a local hotel here you could stay for like $60 a night or so.

Thanks Kaninag. I want to watch your journey and I will seriously consider it. When you get a minute will you please email me the doctor's name and contact information. I need it done but I would like to see how happy you are with it and your down time. I hope all goes well for you and will be anxiously monitoring your progress. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

well~ surgery took about 1 1/2 hrs. I was home at exactly 12:00!! I think they took me back and started all the prep at 7:30. I slept at home til about 2ish I think and Ive been up ever since~~well sitting up in bed watching movies lol. I have like 10 pillows on my bed but I had to get up for a bit as I am going stir crazy! The pain is actually pretty minimal. My arms are bandaged so I cant really see anything yet. But I have to go back to the doc in the am and get my bandages off. Im glad I go back so quickly because I have a little bit of blood on my right elbow. But its a small amount so it was probably just driaining earlier or something.

Most if the pain is in my arm pits...mainly just some mild burning. But every now and then I'll have little short bursts of buring along the incision. But it goes away quickly. I've had a headache ever since I got out of surgery though which sucks. But hopefully when I take my meds here shortly and get some sleep that'll go away.

If bandages come off tomorrow I'll get some pix!!

(This was supposed to post last night but didnt)

*For some reason my posts submitted three time so this post and the post after this one is just mean to take up space!!!