Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tucson people?

Does anyone in Tucson want to have a LapBandTalk meeting or anything?

Also, does anyone know when and/or where some support groups are?

Thanks!!

Hi,

I had my band since 2008 and had the surgery in New York... so I am hoping to find people in Tucson that may have a support group to continue with. Also looking for a good dr to take my case for fills.

Hi!! My name is Laura and I've had the lapband since 2008 as well..not finding many people here in Tucson to chat with about their experiences..would love to chat sometime. I unfortunatley have not been doing well at all with losing weight..had 2 babies since my lap band and I think all the unfilling and refilling really screwed up my band. I was doing great losing weight until I got pregnant and it's never been the same since. =-( My dr that I get my fills with now is great..I just have'nt been recently but probably should go back for a small fill to kick start my weight loss again. Hope your doing good with your weight loss!!

Hi guys!! I am in Tucson too. I was banded in 2008 in Colorado. Dr Monash does my follow up now and he is awesome. Highly highly recommend him!! He has a support group that meets once a month. I have only gone once.

I would love to have some local band buddies to talk with. If anyone is interested in walking once a week... PM me. I live on the NW side.

hi!! I'm fairly new to this board so any new people to chat with about the band, etc. would be great!! Would love to walk and get out too. =-)

I would love to meet you guys and we could have our own little support group and/or walk. What are your schedules like?

Hi,

Like I stated before I had my band since 2008... at one time my weight loss was about 180 pounds but now that has since changed... I gained some back but that is because I had an ulcer and had to have Fluid removed. The ulcer has since gotten better but I was not very pleased with the doctor ... I think his name was swartz... I was hoping to find a another dr in tucson that can help me get back on track.

Hi' date='

Like I stated before I had my band since 2008... at one time my weight loss was about 180 pounds but now that has since changed... I gained some back but that is because I had an ulcer and had to have Fluid removed. The ulcer has since gotten better but I was not very pleased with the doctor ... I think his name was swartz... I was hoping to find a another dr in tucson that can help me get back on track.[/quote']

Josie... go to www.drmonash.com

Dr Monash has an amazing bedside manner. He has extremely reasonable self-pay pricing (if that is an issue). He worked with me when I had to have my port replaced and did the procedure under local in office so I wouldn't have to pay an anesthesiologist.

He really cares about his patients. He takes his time. I never feel rushed. His office staff is wonderful.

I honestly cannot say enough good things about him. He now has two offices, one on NW side an another off Alvernon and Fort Lowell. Hopefully one of those is convienant for you.

He removed my gallbladder, replaced my port, and next month he is repairing a hiatal hernia and repositioning my band. I wish I had him do my inital band surgery. I think I may have been able to avoid some of my complications along the way if I had.

I have heard less than stellar reviews about Monte Swartz. Obviously people like him because he has a successful practice, but anyone I have talked to personally... that had him as a Dr, disliked him.

Just wanted to add. Dr Monash's next support meeting is July 7th at TMC @ 10:30am. They have free Zumba after each support group meeting. The info is on his website.

HTH's!!

I had dr. Swartz and I didn't mind him..he was ok. lol. He is just to the point is all and all business...He isn't here anymore though, I think he relocated to phx and his wife too..so I'm not sure who is doing the fills, etc at that office now, I haven't been in a while. Is it easy to change over dr's if you already have one you go to here? I would be more curious as the the amounts for self pay patients what the cost is for fills..=-)

I am self-pay. Monash charges $50 for office visit w/o a fill and $100 for an office visit w/fill. Swartz and Monash used to be partners (or were in the same office) until Swartz switched to TMC. I didn't realize Swartz moved to Phoenix.

Monash wanted me to have an upper GI done before taking me on as a patient. Just so he could see where everything was and how the band looked. I am not sure if that is still a requirement of his.

Eekk! That is higher than my co-pay. I only pay $50 with or w/o a fill. I'll stay there for bit. he he. Yup he's gone then his wife left the office too..now i'm not sure who is taking over now. =-)

I think I found a doctor... forgot his name but he is located close to TMC.. on Erickson street. I have an appointment on tueday next week... fingers crossed that this works out and I can get back on track...