Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! Are we getting excited?

Today I start my pre-diet. My doctor's office forgot to send me the instructions, and I have forgot to ask them for it, but I'm pretty sure I don't need it since I've discussed it in length with the nutritionist and doctor a bit ago. It was similar to Atkins, but you can eat some fruit? It doesn't matter about the fruit as I'm allergic to most of it anyway.

When do you start your diet, and what does it entail?

Hello all! Are we getting excited?

Today I start my pre-diet. My doctor's office forgot to send me the instructions, and I have forgot to ask them for it, but I'm pretty sure I don't need it since I've discussed it in length with the nutritionist and doctor a bit ago. It was similar to Atkins, but you can eat some fruit? It doesn't matter about the fruit as I'm allergic to most of it anyway.

When do you start your diet, and what does it entail?

I am on my last day of my liquid diet..10 days total..I have lost 18 pounds..yay..I was on a all liquid diet, I could have 3 Protein Shakes a day, 3 liters of Water a day..crystil light..sugar free popsicles/jell-o..chicken broth,beef broth..it was hard the first 4 days, but then got much better..I have read all sorts of different pre-diets drs. put people on, Im, so glad mine put me on the all liquid only because it will get me ready for the 4 weeks after for all the liquids i will have to have..I do not miss food at all..weird huh?!!..lol..I wish u the best of luck on your diet, and just remember it does get better..good luck :)

I am on my last day of my liquid diet..10 days total..I have lost 18 pounds..yay..I was on a all liquid diet, I could have 3 Protein shakes a day, 3 liters of Water a day..crystil light..sugar free popsicles/jell-o..chicken broth,beef broth..it was hard the first 4 days, but then got much better..I have read all sorts of different pre-diets drs. put people on, Im, so glad mine put me on the all liquid only because it will get me ready for the 4 weeks after for all the liquids i will have to have..I do not miss food at all..weird huh?!!..lol..I wish u the best of luck on your diet, and just remember it does get better..good luck :)

I'm glad your prediet is working out for you! I'm the opposite. I think I need the threat of major ouchies to keep me on track with a liquid diet. With the threat of pain, I can do anything, lol ;) .

I have to do 3 weeks of liquids. They have me taking opti-fast during that time to shrink my liver. You are right, I'm not sure I'd be able to stick with it if it weren't for the fact that I could cause myself pain if I don't..... its good incentive!

I will find out on Thursday 3/31 (the day after my birthday!) how many shakes per day, etc. when I meet with the nutritionist. Then I start my pre-op diet on either monday 4/4 ir tuesday 4/5...... I'm so excited :)

I'm not nervous about the surgery, I've had 2 c-sections and my tonsils/adnoids removed so that doesn't bother me. I'm a little worried about the pre-op diet and have already told my hubby that I'm gonna need lots of help!

Everyone is VERY supportive though so I'm confident I will be ok.

Good luck to everyone.... lets stay in touch and see how we are doing

April 26th can't come fast enough for me!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith

I'm not nervous about the surgery, I've had 2 c-sections and my tonsils/adnoids removed so that doesn't bother me. I'm a little worried about the pre-op diet and have already told my hubby that I'm gonna need lots of help!

Me too. 3 c-sections, gallbladder and two ankle surgeries... I'm totally not nervous about this surgery.

As for husbands and helping, mine brought in a huge thing of Cookies on my second day of pre-diet. I threw it out the front door, I was so pissed. Well, honestly, I was pissy to begin with ;) . Oh, and I ate one of the Cookies before throwing them, so I got even more pissy (at myself). The cookie on my second day is the only time I've swayed from the pre-diet.

Me too. 3 c-sections, gallbladder and two ankle surgeries... I'm totally not nervous about this surgery.

As for husbands and helping, mine brought in a huge thing of Cookies on my second day of pre-diet. I threw it out the front door, I was so pissed. Well, honestly, I was pissy to begin with ;) . Oh, and I ate one of the Cookies before throwing them, so I got even more pissy (at myself). The cookie on my second day is the only time I've swayed from the pre-diet.

Hi Spot

That really sux about the cookies. I would have been pissed too! Well I hope it was a lesson learned for your husband :unsure: and that all was ok from then on. I told my husband... NO MORE KLONDIKE BARS IN THE HOUSE because its the one ice cream/chocolate snack we used to have and I don't want to be tempted so hopefully he knows I mean business :)

I started my pre-op Atkins type diet last Monday (3/21). I've done Atkins before so I knew what to do.

Yes Spot, Paula told me that I could have one piece of fruit a day and one yogurt, but I haven't done that - I wanted the weight loss more ;) I have yogurt in the fridge, just haven't touched it. When I'm on Atkins I'm so carb conscious that I can't help looking at that label and seeing 33 carbs for that little yogurt! I've been eating sugar free Jello cups instead.

I've really been shocked at myself - I haven't cheated once in the last 6 days. I've stuck to it, I printed out some new low-carb recipes and had some fantastic fish tacos last night (romaine leaves took the place of the taco shell). I also made a mock lasagna with spaghetti squash taking the place of noodles, and that was pretty awesome too!

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost about 9 lbs, which I know at least 6 of it is Water weight. And surprisingly enough, I have not had cravings - I'm a huge bread eater (well, I *WAS* a huge bread eater) and I haven't craved bread at all. I do have to admit I'm looking forward to having the surgery so I can have some of my husband's mashed potatoes though!

I feel good - strong, my willpower and confidence in myself to do this is really high. My husband is supportive and is always willing to run to the store to get something I need to make a new low-carb meal.

I'm exactly 10 days from surgery and I can't wait!

Carlene

I started my pre-op Atkins type diet last Monday (3/21). I've done Atkins before so I knew what to do.

Yes Spot, Paula told me that I could have one piece of fruit a day and one yogurt, but I haven't done that - I wanted the weight loss more ;) I have yogurt in the fridge, just haven't touched it. When I'm on Atkins I'm so carb conscious that I can't help looking at that label and seeing 33 carbs for that little yogurt! I've been eating sugar free Jello cups instead.

***fist bumps her sister in Lapband*** (same doctor, almost same date)

Yeah, I'm not eating anything with 33 carbs either. Right now, I'm probably taking in only 10 carbs a day, if that. I'm not very motivated to go through Atikins type recipes and such... mostly just eating scrambled eggs, bacon, string cheese, sliced sandwich ham and Crystal Light type drinks. I do have some shrimp defrosting and some t-bone steaks. I have very little appetite from going off some medication, and I planned to go off the medication at the start of my pre-diet to help me not stare and drool at all those things I cannot eat.

I haven't scaled myself the last two days. Hopefully I have lost more.

***fist bumps her sister in Lapband*** (same doctor, almost same date)

Yeah, I'm not eating anything with 33 carbs either. Right now, I'm probably taking in only 10 carbs a day, if that. I'm not very motivated to go through Atikins type recipes and such... mostly just eating scrambled eggs, bacon, string cheese, sliced sandwich ham and Crystal Light type drinks. I do have some shrimp defrosting and some t-bone steaks. I have very little appetite from going off some medication, and I planned to go off the medication at the start of my pre-diet to help me not stare and drool at all those things I cannot eat.

I haven't scaled myself the last two days. Hopefully I have lost more.

***fist bumping my sista right back***

That's awesome that you have that little help in going off the medication! Here's a good way to eat your shrimp tonight if you can make a quick run to the store. I had this on Wednesday :)

Chop 1/2 head of small cabbage into 1" pieces; add to this 2 celery stalks chopped into 1" pieces, 1 green pepper chopped into same size, and 1/2 onion chopped into same size. Saute in a frying pan with about 2 tbsp butter, adding a little more if needed. Cook until it's softened but not limp, then add about 1 tbsp soy sauce and cook for another minute, then take off the heat. Put in the center of a dinner plate and keep warm.

In same pan, add another 2 tbsp butter and a little garlic, saute until garlic is fragrant. Add your shrimp and cook over medium until the shrimp is cooked through, just a few minutes. Pour your shrimp and butter on top of your cabbage stirfry, and enjoy! it's about 5 carbs or so and really fills you up.

I love using romaine lettuce as a wrap for my lunchmeat and cheese during lunch. I made some chicken salad with egg this morning and I'm going to have some chicken salad wraps for dinner tonight!

Carlene

That sounds yummy, Woodslass. I have another bag of shrimp - I'll have to try that out next week. Tonight, I'm just dipping them in garlic butter.

Went to Walgreens today and seriously considered buying a chocolate bar. I made it out without it *phew*.

Hello! I have another week before I start my pre-op diet. My doctor has me on full liquid for 2 weeks...low carb. I'm not thrilled about that...jello/broth/sugar free popsicles along with my 5 Protein shakes/day but I'll take it. I'm wondering how much I will drop pre-surgery in that 2 week time frame. I am oh so excited about the surgery though...set for 4/18/11. :D

Hello! I have another week before I start my pre-op diet. My doctor has me on full liquid for 2 weeks...low carb. I'm not thrilled about that...jello/broth/sugar free popsicles along with my 5 Protein shakes/day but I'll take it. I'm wondering how much I will drop pre-surgery in that 2 week time frame. I am oh so excited about the surgery though...set for 4/18/11. :D

Hello Tia!

While my diet doesn't seem to be as difficult, I'd take your diet too. Any diet. Heck, I'd probably have the motivation to starve myself for 2 weeks, just to get this surgery, lol.

***fist bumping my sista right back***

That's awesome that you have that little help in going off the medication! Here's a good way to eat your shrimp tonight if you can make a quick run to the store. I had this on Wednesday :)

Chop 1/2 head of small cabbage into 1" pieces; add to this 2 celery stalks chopped into 1" pieces, 1 green pepper chopped into same size, and 1/2 onion chopped into same size. Saute in a frying pan with about 2 tbsp butter, adding a little more if needed. Cook until it's softened but not limp, then add about 1 tbsp soy sauce and cook for another minute, then take off the heat. Put in the center of a dinner plate and keep warm.

In same pan, add another 2 tbsp butter and a little garlic, saute until garlic is fragrant. Add your shrimp and cook over medium until the shrimp is cooked through, just a few minutes. Pour your shrimp and butter on top of your cabbage stirfry, and enjoy! it's about 5 carbs or so and really fills you up.

I love using romaine lettuce as a wrap for my lunchmeat and cheese during lunch. I made some chicken salad with egg this morning and I'm going to have some chicken salad wraps for dinner tonight!

Carlene

Both the shrimp and egg salad sound great...so glad I found this site, really motivates me for this week and the start of the pre diet.

I'm on 3 protien shakes/day plus 2 fruits or steamed veggies / day. I think I'll start out trying to skip the veggies/fruit and save them for a treat if I get really hungry. I'd like to lose as much as I can pre-surgery.

I officially start my pre-op on Thursday, but I said goodbye to food today at lunch. Olive Garden. I figured I might as well do it right. ;)

I'm having powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored in Crystal Light for dinner. Here we go...

Good luck everyone!