Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fly Lady.net

:confused:

Happy New Year everyone. Yes, I'm fine, been lurking alot more than writing. Has anyone tried the flylady.net program? I am anxious to declutter because honestly, my daughter is 5 and I still have most of the infant items that I don't need. I am going to sell everything, high chair, little tykes toys, ect. I realize I won't be having another child, if I do it won't be for atleast 2 years while I'm healing. Yes, I will still be having the RNY. I hope to have my surgery date in the next few weeks. Everything is done and I'm just waiting for the psych report to come to dr baumans and be updated in the system. I cannot beleive I'm out of the planning stage and in the active stage. I cannot wait to reap the benefits of this.

I hope everyone had a good holiday. We stayed home, ate choclate fondue, watch the ball drop and I Went to sleep. WEre and exciting bunch. My daughter still doesn't really know what's going on with the holidays. Now, my next project, figuring out where she'll go to kindergarten, I didn't read anywhere how exhausting parenting can be.

Daycare centeres were my most difficult decision, and now public vs private schools and Gaston Vs CMS and should we move? Decisions, decisions.

JEnnifer ;-) :alien

Jennifer! I love to FLY! It's www.flylady.com I'm pretty sure. It's great. Do the Baby Steps or you will get overwhelmed and feel like crap cuz you can't do it...or you think you can't. I get the e-mails sent once daily and it's less overwhelming. Remember...no whining. Click delete and let it go if you hate it that day. NO WHINING!! I love Flylady.

My DD is in the first grade at a Charter School in Lincoln County. We love that little ole school. Check out a Charter school...they have their own Board of Directors and choose their own curriculum. You can go to any NC Charter school, no matter what county you live in (we don't live in Lincoln County, but close). You have to transport though. We have no bussing, except the bus that brings the kids to the grocery store parking lot for pick up...less traffic on campus, and no cafeteria. No library, the Book Mobile comes once every other week. Class sizes are comparable to public schools (23 students, 1 teacher and a TA for 1st grade). I love her school. If I could afford Private, I would, but this is great. Just like public school, but better!

Anyhow, happy new year. Let us know when you get your date!!!!

I have a neighbor that pays 600 dollars a year to send her son to Gaston County schools because she doesn't like our zone choice highschools. My kids are both in the language immerssion magnet here in Charlotte and I love it. My oldest who will be going to high school next year has been in the program since she started kindergarten. She is fluent in German now, and has been to Germany twice on exchange trips and we have hosted three times. She started taking Japanese last year and is trying to get inot the new Chinese class starting this next semester. My youngest is just in kindergarten this year and loves it. She is very proud that she is learning another lanaguage. The school also offeres japanese, chinese (starting in 2006-2007 school year), french immerssion. Basically the kids are taught all the normal curricullium just in the target foriegn langauge. It's been shown that kids that learn a foriegn langauge earlier tend to be better in general in other language arts and writing skills later and they also retain the langauge learned much longer. My oldest scores 4 (which is the highest) on end of grade testing. She scores in the 97%-98%. If you are considering Charlotte Mecklenburg you need to get her registered ASAP...they will be starting lottery applications this month and the magnet applications. If you are doing Charlotte mecklenburg I would defiently make sure I picked a magnet program...weather is language or otherwise. The langauge program is ranked one of the best in the country.

Melissa

It's www.flylady.net

I posted somewhere about ironing and cleaning the office...now I can't find it. I should start a getting organized thread. Didn't I say that? Okay, I'm having brain farts these days. (Uh, walking in circles with no place to go and a million things to do...uh...who? where? Do what? Geez.)

Help!!!

Hey Jennifer, did you figure out Kindergarten yet?

After kind of following the program, I'm much better today than I was a couple of years ago. I love 27 thing flings. They are the greatest. In fact, I think I will do one Saturday in my bedroom closet. Thanks for reminding me to get back in gear. Celeste

I love 27 thing flings. They are the greatest.

OK, now I'm curious. I'll have to check this out.

I've been doing the tackle one thing at a time thing...and doing the room sweeps, a box for trash, a box for misplaced, and a box for go away. The only problem I've had so far, Is my dad came up during this and started pulling things out of my go away and trash. I too like the 27 fling boogie, but don't do with the kids around, they start claiming everything too. I live in a house of pack rats.

Melissa

Oh, the 27 thing fling, never heard of it till now. I guess I do this on a regular basis. Our worse pack rat is my husband, he still has trinkets nad things from high school. Like over a decade ago.

It's funny because when we moved from NY to NC we downsidzed, atleast i did. He's still got so much junk. I frequently have the same problem, I go to throw stuff out and it gets unpacked. I usually have a sell pile, because I sell alot of stuff at work, a good will pile, and a garbage pile.

Dh lost 80 pounds 2 years ago, guess what the big boy clothes were still lurking. THey are gone now. I packed three huge bags for the good will.

Why did it take 2 years to get rid of this stuff, it was all nice, but come on, he's determined to never be overweight again in his life.

I packed all my plus sized summer clothes to 'give away' to a fellow weight loss person when I lost my weight. They are all in great shape, I would sell them at work but I don't want people to know what my 'real size' was.

It's too personal.

My one goal is to sell/donate all the baby stuff I've been keeping. By the time I have another child none of this stuff will be stylish or what we like.

Funny thing, I've luged it around for 5 years and now it's time to declutter. I also used to own my own home so we moved our stove and fridge with us. Tomorrow someone from work is coming to look at the stove so we can sell it to them. Guess what, we have a fridge but it broke, I'm probably going to offer it to them free just to get it out of here.

They would just have to pay to fix it.

I guess I better quit writing. I hope to have a date scheduled for my RNY in the next few weeks.

You know what happen shortly after I decided to let go of all the baby stuff? I got pregnant again. But you are right, even if you have another, the stuff you have now if its more than a few years is totally unsafe. LOL It's amazing how the cribs we slept in are considered death traps now. But also, part of the excitment of having a baby I think is shopping for the new baby stuff. The thing to do would be to take all the baby stuff to a resell shop (once upon a child) and sell it to them, then put the money in an account to put towards new stuff later. I need to take a few things there myself right now....just been too lazy and unorganized to do it. Its on my todo list though.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery date.

Melissa

I love the idea and concept of Flylady. I just hated the 87 emails I got from them a day! LOL

Yes! I now get the e-mails in digest form...one e-mail with all the day's reminders and testimonials. If it's not a good day to read through...no whining! and I click delete.

One day last week I decided, on a fluke, to read through one and found out that her Body Clutter book is out. I have been waiting for that! So I ordered it, and it should arrive soon. I'll post a book review. :rofl:

what is body clutter? I don't have a date yet and it's killing me. I'm hoping to get a call monday since were off.

I hope I don't get pregnant with upcoming surgery. I need some reliable birthcontrol afterewards. I cannot afford two daycares either.

Defientlly get some birth control going. Women become more fertile apparently if they loose weight. I had just lost 50lbs when I got pregnant with my second.

And on flylady, i don't get the emails.....my life is too cluttered and stressed right now for that. I will just stick with the few ideas I've picked up from the website for now. When I get a handle on that stuff maybe I'll scoop out more ideas.

Melissa

I figure I"ll look into birthcontrol after I get my surgery date scheduled.

I was thinking of getting an IUD because awsome insurance, UHC pays for that too. Do you have any opinion's on IUD's. Really, I think one child is fine for me. OUr situation is this, dh hasn't worked full time in 2 years, he's in grad school, I want to go back to school in the fall, dh will begin kindergarten in the fall, so we got alot going on.

I think were going to leave her in the christian school for kindergarten.

She's been at a christian preschool since she was 3 and it's a good fit.

I wanted to move to belmont/mt holly but right now, were just beginning to reap some benefits, ie weight loss surgery, renting a house that's affordable, so I think moving will wait until DH has a teaching job. yes, he's crazy enough to want to be an elementary school teacher.

I know dr b gave me a whole bunch of stuff at my consultation about weight loss abd birthcontrol, but I decluttered them into the trash.

I need to get new copies when I go for my consult. It should be anytime now.

Dragon I hope your daughter is better, I know what a challenge being sick can be, I was always sick when I was little. It didn't help that at any given time 8 people would be smoking in our house. Yuck.