Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Lose Slowing Down

Well - I'm now within 40 pounds of hitting my goal weight and the weight loss is really starting to slow down! I could count on getting up every Monday morning (that's when I weigh myself) and have lost 2 pounds. Now I weigh and maybe I've lost 2 pounds.....or maybe I've gained 1/2 a pound.......or maybe I stayed the same!

So, I'm now going to increase my exercise and really start concentrating on even better foods and portions.

Anyone else out there in the same boat as me? If so, please share what you are doing to help reach your weight goal!

Banded 11/09

Down 70 pounds

40 to goal weight

6 cc in a 10 cc band (4 fills)

Edited by howdybooth

I was banded May 2009 and have lost approx 66 lbs. I have approx 50lbs to reach my goal. I have stopped losing weight. The worse part is that my band got tight all of a sudden and the doctor just had to remove 3cc's of Fluid, so now, I can eat anything I want. I have started doing weight watchers this week and am hoping this helps me NOT gain the weight back...I'm afraid because I can eat more now, but I think one of the problems on why I hadn't lost anymore weight is because I was eating enough and had slowed my own metabolism. hopefully, this will boost my metabolism. I'm just gonna try and eat right.

zuly98 - I made a very interesting discover last week about being tight. I had my last fill 4 weeks ago Thursday and I've lost 12 pounds in that 4 weeks. I'm tight and really I like to be tight, but last week, I was suddenly so tight that I actually vomited 3 times! So I went online and found this very interesting website by this doctor who does lap bands and he had some interesting suggestions that I took to heart.

1. Sometimes food can get stuck and stuck for a couple of days.....resulting in vomiting.

2. When that happens - go back to liquids only for 48 hours.

I did this and now the tightness is gone.....so maybe you should consider getting a fill!!!!!

1. Sometimes food can get stuck and stuck for a couple of days.....resulting in vomiting.

I wonder if people know the difference between vomiting and a productive burp. I've had my band since April, and I have never vomited. I had a really bad productive burp (orange juice came squirting out of my nose at a very high speed) but it was NOT a vomit. I've had food get stuck several times, and it came back up. However, it wasn't vomiting...

I do vomit and have on and off since I got the band. I go into the dry heaves sometimes after vomiting. Most times I bring it on myself by not chewing good enough. I am more than year out and food has just gotten where it will go down instead of up everytime.

As far as the weightloss slowing down. When that happened to me and I had to switch to low carb, NOT no carb just low carb and I have continued to lose.

Cheri

That's how it went with me. It just got slower and slower and slower over time until eventually it stopped. I really thought I was finished at about 160 lb but eventually I lost 10lb more and they were the 10lb that made the biggest difference, lol. After that I've never lost another pound, but never gained either.

If there's things you can tweak, such as getting stricter with your eating or exercise, then go for it. But the answer is NOT to go for more fills and end up too tight and have to have fill removed. I tried that, and the extra fill only made me uncomfortable (not vomiting tight, but it was too tight) so I took it out again - it was only 0.1cc (4cc band). It never resulted in any weight loss, by the time you're close to goal, your body is pretty darn efficient and you just have to be patient. But you do get there eventually.

I am at the last 12 lb. It is SO SLOW. I've been sitting here at the same weight for weeks trying to do what ever I can to get it off, but those 12 lb are stubborn little suckers! I think my body is going WHOA!! I know it will come off eventually, but only when my body is good and ready to give them up. I practice patience and keep up what I've always been doing. Hang in there!