Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name That Tune

I am going to a concert in December, and was thinking how many shows I have seen, and I thought it would be interesting to find out who other LapBanders are out there seeing....Sooo I am making the first list..........

Over the course of many years I have seen

Prince (twice)....Metallica (twice)....MeatLoaf....Ozzy (twice)...Def Lepord...Tesla...Judist Priest...Disturbed...El Neno...Rob Zombie...Mastadon...Bon Jovi...Heart...Billy Idol...Faith No More...Alice Cooper...Guns and Roses...Faster Pussycat...Motley Crue...WhiteSnake...and in December I will be seeing Stained with POD and someone else......Im sure there are more, but for some reason I can't remember them eheheheheheh

EDIT: I forgot LoverBoy, Poison, Dokken

How far back do I go?

Okay, Rick Springfield, Christopher Cross, Charlie Daniels Band, Journey, Olivia Newton-John (Physical Tour), Wynonna (5-6 times?) John Tesh, Stephen Curtis Chapman, The Imperials, Lionel Richie, hmmm. Theres more, but not much. OH! The Allman Brothers.

Sure is a different list from yours! LOL

Hmmm, I've been to about 7 Dead shows, and I got to see them when Santana opened for them! That was the most amazing show ever! Pearl Jam, Echo and the Bunny Men, Oingo-Boingo (THE night of the Oakland fire-storm), and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. (our new holiday tradition!). I almost saw The Ramones in 1980, but they were sold out...

Oh, and I saw Nervana at the Puyallup Fair (pew-al-up) before they got big.

Oh, and The Little River Band played at my DH's company picknic two years ago. Who would have thought that one of the biggest bands from when I was in high school would be playing at company picknics?

This will not be a complete list, but I will try:

Elton John; Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young; Steely Dan (in the 70s and in the 90s), Joni Mitchell, Pointer Sisters, Rolling Stones (70s), Simon and Garfunkle;David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Diamond, U2(80s), REM, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Big Country, The Call, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Yes, Rush, Pink Floyd; Edgar Winter; Moody Blues;Elvis Presley, Chuck berry, Commodores, Joe Jackson, The Pretenders, The Clash/Big Audio Dynamite, Iggy Pop; Warren Zevon; Aerosmith; Leon Russell; Beach Boys, Jackson Browne, Harry Chapin, Elvis Costello; Emerson, Lake and Palmer; Billy Joel; Loggins and Messina; ZZ Top; Duran Duran; Flock of Seagulls, The Go-Gos; Berlin; Bette Midler; Crowded House; Dexy's Midnight Runners; Gino Vanelli; Garth Brooks; Howard Jones;INXS; Joe Cocker; LL Cool J; Metallica; New Order; Pearl Jam; The Police; Tears for Fears; The Bangles; Toad the Wet Sprocket; and more....

Quite a variety, for sure!

OH MY GOD MOUSE....IM SOOO JEALOUS...YOU SAW ELVIS~~~~ HOLY CRAP!!! I would have loved to see him~ And You sparked a memory...Add Aerosmith to my list too~~~

See I love this...diversity~~~~

KEEP EM COMIN

You would LOOOVE my husband! He loves concerts and feels left out when we miss one. He is lucky now because my 14 year old twin daughters are big music fans. We just saw...Weezer with Foo Fighters, The Killers and Hot Hot Heat, Green Day, Ryan Adams, went to lollapalooza in chicago in july...i am into "girly bands" like the Indigo Girls and Sarah McLaughlin...seen them both many times...my girls saw the rolling stones and beck--I love the eagles and am waiting for a tour to come to cleveland that is actually affordable!

Big & Rich, Cheap Trick, Terri CLark, Charlie Daniels Band, Lonestar, Tanya Tucker, Clay Walker, Carlene Carter, & many more I can't think of right now.

Let's see... Madonna (in 91'), Ted Nugent with Damn Yankees (several times), and... and... and... OMG, THAT'S IT! Clearly I gotta get out more... I haven't been to a concert since I was 20 years old. Big crowds make me kinda nervous, plus my husband and I have completely different taste in music. :)

MOUSE is my idol!I love going to concerts. In fact, I'm going to see Gwen Stefani this Friday night.

Not a complete list, but here are some I have seen:

Joan Jett (15 years ago and just this past weekend--that woman is amazing); Neil Diamond; Aerosmith (about 5 times); Eminem; 50 cent; Limp Biskit; Godsmack; DMX; Motley Crue; Tommy Lee (solo and with Methods of Mayhem); Train; Blondie; Pearl Jam; Ramones; Bush; No Doubt; Concrete Blonde; The Dan Band; Kiss; Poison; Ratt; Tesla; Firehouse; Garth Brooks; Better Than Ezra; Billy Joel

Let's see...

Blood Sweat & Tears

ELVIS - only 18 inches away from him.....God That was great!!! Memory of a Lifetime!

Mountain with Leslie West

Aerosmith (Before and after they got famous)

Bob Seger ~ sooo many times I can't count

Bad Company

REO Speedwagon

Foreigner

Chicago

Boston

Kansas

Peter Frampton

Billy Joel

Sting

Rush

Def Leppard

Foghat

Styx

Lover Boy

Robin Trower

Pat Benatar

Lynard Skynard

Led Zepplin

Hall & Oates

John Mellenkamp

Moody Blues

Savage Garden

The Animals

Queen

Yes

Kid Rock

The Oakridge Boys (Know them)

The VanSant Brothers

Sha Na Na

Don Henley

can't think of any others but I am so sure there are a bunch that I forgot to list....

My last concert was KID ROCK - OH MY GOSH!!!! I absolutely love him.

But the best ever had to be ELVIS - nothing can top that - you just had to be from that generation that I was from growing up watching elvis movies all weekend long with my mom and sisters.

Nancy

"With the band" might have really BEEN with the band! You got to see Led Zeppelin!!!!! I'm enjoying this thread...but I'm a big music lover! Fun to see what concerts others have seen. I saw Elvis at the Houston Astrodome in 1969; I was in 8th grade...I got to buy new cowboy boots, just for the occasion. I'll never forget it!

My list is kinda all over the place:

Ziggy Marley

Julian Lennon

CCCP

Moby

The Dixie Cups

Harry Connick Jr (several times)

Kenny Chesney (by accident)

Steppenwolf

Tears for Fears

and my favorite:

Mr Tony Bennett

I have seen Tony 3 times and he just get better and better. Got to meet him last weekend in Houston outside my hotel room. Talk about magic!

Spydr, are the Dixie Cups a childrens group like the Wiggles? (LOL, sorry I couldn't resist - I know you meant the Dixie Chicks) :):):)

I'd looove to see Harry Connick Jr, he's dreamy.

I'm so "jealousing" over the fact that you got to see Santana Vines! Oh that man makes my heart skip a beat!

I haven't been to a ton of concerts, but here's the ones I can remember:

Annie Herring (twice), DC Talk (back when I was a teenager), the guys that sing that song "I think I'm in Love Now" (sorry, couldn't remember their names - that was back when I was a teen too), and the most memorable one (unfortunately) was huge - Snoop Dog, Eminem, Ice Cube, Warren G, Dr. Dre, D12, and the whole gang they had there. It was the Up In Smoke Tour back in 2000.

Yes, I'm a new creation now. LOL *blushes sheepishly at my scandalous past*

I almost went to go see Celine Dion, and now I wish I would've. That woman makes me cry just because her voice is so beautiful. She is so gifted.