Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Canadian GLBT

Hello everyone! Getting my band on Dec. 2nd in Vancouver, BC. The Band is becoming more popular in Canada as more surgeons become trained and more facilities offer the procedure. Many bandsters from the west coast were travelling over the border to Washington state or Mexico, or heading east to Toronto to get their bands but a facility has finally begun to offer it hear in Vancouver. Hooray!

Hello and welcome.

I am also in Vancouver (Richmond). I got banded on Oct 1 2009 at NWWLS in Everett, WA. They started offering the banding at False Creek a few weeks before I got my surgery, but already felt so comfortable with the people at NWWLS so decided to get it done there.

Have you made it to any of the group meetings at St. Pauls? I would love to go but I have class Wednesday nights. I am thinking about trying to arrange another meeting on weekends. However, I have heard the current meetings are great, so I hihgly suggest you go there if you can.

Best wishes on your surgery!!! Keep us posted - Cheers

Hello and welcome.

I am also in Vancouver (Richmond). I got banded on Oct 1 2009 at NWWLS in Everett, WA. They started offering the banding at False Creek a few weeks before I got my surgery, but already felt so comfortable with the people at NWWLS so decided to get it done there.

Have you made it to any of the group meetings at St. Pauls? I would love to go but I have class Wednesday nights. I am thinking about trying to arrange another meeting on weekends. However, I have heard the current meetings are great, so I hihgly suggest you go there if you can.

Best wishes on your surgery!!! Keep us posted - Cheers

Hi Timmers! Nice to hear from you! I've read a couple of your posts in other forums and was wondering how you're doing since your surgery. Have you had your first fill yet? I have attended the last couple of meetings with the Lions Gate Group. Wonderful group I've met so far. Too bad Wednesdays aren't good for you, maybe once your class finishes. Would love to stay in touch, maybe chat about how everything's going. Cheers, Lyn

Had my surgery yesterday in Vancouver, BC & feeling pretty good today. Stopped taking the pain meds and putting up with a little discomfort. Lost 13 pounds on the 2 week pre-op diet. Thank goodness I only had to drink those blah shakes for 2 weeks. Will keep you posted!

Christmas is over, and I LOST a pound!!! *woot woot*

I don't think I've ever gone through the Christmas season and lost weight before. So, when I stepped onto the scale today and it was a pound lower than last week (only weight myself once a week), I was so happy to see that I hadn't gained weight. Granted, I did work really hard on resisting as much as possible, but I did end up having a few treats here and there. I think I have this fear that I'm going to wake up and be back to where I started, or eat some bad food and gain 20 pounds instantly. So, knowing that even with this little treats during the holidays, I can stick to it, is so wonderful! I know I can't continue this as I'm sure it will just become more and more. So, back on track today.. went to the gym and hired a personal trainer. Feeling great!

Hope you all had a good break as well. Good luck - Cheers :-D

I find it hard to believe that you & I are the only GLBT bandsters in the Vancouver area, Timmmers! Hope your support meeting went well yesterday.

Hi Yosemite

Yeah, it is a bit hard to believe that we are the only GLBT bandsters in the Vancouver area. I'm sure more will appear over time.

The meeting went pretty well. There were two new ladies who were going to go, but one who couldn't because she was moving, and another didn't come because I forgot to confirm the location with her with enough time for her to find someone to take care of her kids. So, had the same two women from last meeting (who are both pre-band). But, we had a good conversation, and both of them are proceeding with getting the band, so hopefully we will have more bandsters who will be attending the Richmond group. I'm thinking about making a name for us, and starting a new thread on the Canadian support site??? This has worked out better than I had expected.

How are things going for you? I went on a cruise during the Olympics, gained one pound... have since re-lost that one pound plus one extra. However, that means I'm down only 1 pound in 4 weeks :-S I hope I can get myself right back on track and jump start my weight loss again.

Good luck with everything. Cheers,

Tim